Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Name something.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
  • 25 Replies
You know now you wish you would have known more about before your first child

For me it is bf for over a year. I made it 13 months and wean b/c I thought that's what you do. I was so stupid. Also rear-facing we turned him at a year & 20 now I know how unsafe that was as well! We don't have a second yet, but I am glad I have learned these things. I also would like to try natural birth & cloth diapers ( but we will see lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I had a (mostly) natural birth. It was a good experiance. I went into labor at 3 am and got a drip of something that made me sleepy but i still felt the contractions and was aware of my surroundings at like 11am. I then had dd at 1:23pm. The back labor was the worst. I had a doula with me and I'm so glad I did. I'm not sure about cloth diapers. I don't know if I could do that, but maybe when I am ready for another I will see. I DEFINATELY want a home water birth next time.

Bella082912
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM

i only have one, and shes only 5 months, but I plan to rear face as long as possible! I also ordered a baby carrier so I will carry her as long as she fits in it, I wish i would have known that if i cut dairy out of my own diet i would still be able to breastfeed. I went 32 hours in labor with no medicine and only 2 hours with an epidural but i had no choice because my body wouldnt relax enough to dilate! And i refuse to cloth diaper for my own reasons.

aidyns_mommy
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Can I ask you reasons? Just curious not bashing! not sure id be able to either

Quoting Bella082912:

i only have one, and shes only 5 months, but I plan to rear face as long as possible! I also ordered a baby carrier so I will carry her as long as she fits in it, I wish i would have known that if i cut dairy out of my own diet i would still be able to breastfeed. I went 32 hours in labor with no medicine and only 2 hours with an epidural but i had no choice because my body wouldnt relax enough to dilate! And i refuse to cloth diaper for my own reasons.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I wish I would have cloth diapers my first 3. I wish I knew more about breast feeding so I could do it longer with my older kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I honestly can say I have learned more from this site than anywhere else. Seems silly with all the crazy mamas and the drama on here, but some posts/groups are eye openers

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

I wish I would have cloth diapers my first 3. I wish I knew more about breast feeding so I could do it longer with my older kids.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I wish I had known that child birth is no big deal. I had an epidural with the first and all natural with the second, I wish I would have done a home delivery for both. 02

aidyns_mommy
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I agree and disagree. I have never had a natural birth just an epi one, but my water broke before the hospital so I experienced plenty lol. I agree it is NOT what the TV, movies, etc make it seem. If you are prepared its amazing. I don't agree that its no big deal though lol. Your bringing a new life into the world, and even a perfect pregnancy labor can go wrong. Hell dshad to go to the picu for 2 days AND THE NURSES SAID IT WAS BECAUSE OF ME lol. I pushed him out "too fast" lol. So yes, birth is a big deal, but the pain and agony screaming bitchy women who hate their partner because they "did this to them" is so wrong- and its nothing like that lol.

Quoting thenameshailie:

I wish I had known that child birth is no big deal. I had an epidural with the first and all natural with the second, I wish I would have done a home delivery for both. 02

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I wish that I knew he was a boy. 2 ultrasounds said he was a girl :(
I also wish that I had breastfed longer. And I wish I had not kept him in a completely dark room because my little guy got jaundice his first week born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragitty
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Bf over a year and I was pumping more than enough milk to not have to supplement, but I thought I wasn't producing enough so I supplemented with formula. Also, rear face longer than we did (1 year). 

I was 18 and very impressionable when I had ds. Everyone was very supportive, but it turns out a lot of information I was given was outdated or flat-out wrong. I am excited to have more and implement the things I have learned. I am considering cloth diapers, but I am not so sure dh would approve and I work full time so that could be a mess for the daycare...

ragitty
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I would love to do a drug-free labor at the hospital at least once. I had the worst back labor with ds and after 6 hours went with the epidural. 2 hours later I gave birth so I wish I could have held on for two more hours, but I am not going to beat myself up over that one :) For me it's a goal but not neccesarily a requirement.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

I agree and disagree. I have never had a natural birth just an epi one, but my water broke before the hospital so I experienced plenty lol. I agree it is NOT what the TV, movies, etc make it seem. If you are prepared its amazing. I don't agree that its no big deal though lol. Your bringing a new life into the world, and even a perfect pregnancy labor can go wrong. Hell dshad to go to the picu for 2 days AND THE NURSES SAID IT WAS BECAUSE OF ME lol. I pushed him out "too fast" lol. So yes, birth is a big deal, but the pain and agony screaming bitchy women who hate their partner because they "did this to them" is so wrong- and its nothing like that lol.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN