Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Would this piss you off?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 40 Replies

I went out to pick up the pizza we ordered, get infant Tylenol for my daughter, and to pick up cigarettes for my fiancé. While I was gone, this was what I got, the first text being before I even got a block away from our apartment. Would this piss you off? Oh, and he is my daughter's father, so it's not like I'm asking him to watch a baby that isn't his.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Yeah kinda. How old is she? Cause it could be that he is unsure of taking care of a little baby. My DH has a hard time with little ones but is okay with older ones.
m0mmyheather
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM
She's 8 weeks.
Autumn19
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
yea that would be annoying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Lolz, it's only been 8 weeks. Is this his first??
sailorchu
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Yeeeeah, that would just annoy me. :|
m0mmyheather
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:46 PM
This is the first baby for us both. I know she's young, but still, I don't see why he can't hold her or comfort her for 30 freaking minutes.

Quoting StarryRain:

Bella082912
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM

i would be mad

StarryRain
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:07 PM
5 moms liked this
It makes sense in my opinion. Men as a whole don't deal with the crying the way women do. Especially for the first. He'll come around. Aside from that, you should discuss these things, respectfully, and calmly. Your anger has no place in fixing this. If you get angry, he's going to be defensive, and that won't help.

Quoting m0mmyheather:

This is the first baby for us both. I know she's young, but still, I don't see why he can't hold her or comfort her for 30 freaking minutes.

Quoting StarryRain:

EmmaZate
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
See I would be a little upset too, but considering that your baby is only 8 weeks old, he's probably freaking out. Men don't get the "experience" most women get as kids and they dont have mom instincts either. They like to take the kids when they are older cause they love to play....

Don't yell or get angry with him. Teach him what to do when she is crying. Help him while you are home, and it won't freak him out as bad If you have to run out.

Quoting m0mmyheather:

Quoting StarryRain:

ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM
No I wouldn't be mad. The baby is only 8 weeks old and its his first child. It sounds like he's unsure of himself right now and that's understandable. Being mad isn't going to suddenly make him more confident.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)