Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my daughter teething or sick? FTM

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

She's 3 months old on the 20th. For a little over a week she's been drooling pretty bad, but the last 2 days she is suddently real fussy. She's usually a very content and happy baby, i've considered myself lucky so far. Besides the fussiness she started not eat well. She will act hungry and when i try to breastfeed her or give a bottle she will be okay for a minute, but then keeps pushing it out and crying, and repeats until she falls asleep. This morning she felt warm, so i took her temp and it was 99.9. I feel horrible because she seems so uncomfortable and i can't fix it!

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

99.9 is a very low fever so she could just be teething.   For teething we used gentle naturals teething drops to ease dd's discomfort.  Do you see or feel any bumps along her gum line?

steffielou_who
by Stefanie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Could be teething!  Or maybe colic..

MomOfTwo0713
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It could be either really. They can start teething that young. I would just keep an eye on her and if the temp goes up or any other symptoms occur make her a doctors appt. No mom ever got faulted for taking there baby to the doctor and it turn out to be teething. At that age and this time of year there is no telling.

funhappymom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Definitely try some teething tablets. She could be not eating as well because her gums hurt when she tries to eat.

Reina13
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:00 AM

It does sound like teething to me. I would also recommend teething tablets.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

MamaBoyer
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I can relate. My daughter is 3 and a half months and was just diagnosed with a cold. She does the same thing that your daughter is doing. We had the thought about teething but I don't think that's happening quite yet. My daughter also started drooling so much before this cold came on. Keep an eye out though.. Teething may be right around the corner for the both of us. =)
Crenshaw1988
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM
What are the signs of teething? My daughter is just now 6mos and she's been drooling slot. Felt warm but have yet to take a temperature. She's been a little bit fussier than normal, she also has a runny nose so don't know if its a cold or her starting to teeth. She eats well it seems but she also plays with the bottle nipple too. Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Babies can start cutting teeth that early... both my boys did...they both got their first tooth around 4 months...  and they can get a low grade fever and sometimes a runny nose... orajel naturals teething tablets worked great for when my 18 month old was that young. Though like another mom said, if she starts to show any other signs, her fever gets worse, or she stops eating all together I would take her in just to be sure... 

lilybud1120
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
It's teething, starting to pop through now:)

Quoting MamaBoyer:

I can relate. My daughter is 3 and a half months and was just diagnosed with a cold. She does the same thing that your daughter is doing. We had the thought about teething but I don't think that's happening quite yet. My daughter also started drooling so much before this cold came on. Keep an eye out though.. Teething may be right around the corner for the both of us. =)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)