Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

IUD

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hello LAdies!!

Sooooo, I got the IUD in November... I didn't sleep with my husband until 2-3 weeks after I got it put in, BUT I have NOT gotten my period since the middle of December... Is this normal?? Should I be worried? Should I take a test?? I don't feel pregnancy symptoms.. I hope you ladies can help!

Thank You!!

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Which one did you get?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gabwest
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Mirena!
ashleigh24
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Here is a bump because I don't know much about iud's. Hopefully someone can help you!
shadow_lark
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Then yes I would say it could be. One of the things about mirena that they push is that it makes you stop ovulating and eventually your periods go away because of the progesterone. I don't know how long its supposed to take, so I would do an hpt just to be on the safe side and double check with your doctor.
Western_belle86
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM

With the Mirena it is normal not to have your period since it is a hormone. When I had mine I didn't have a period until I got it taken out. BUT when in doubt you could always test whats the harm.

Loralismommy224
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I have had my Mirena since April 2012, & since then I've only spotted a few times...so that's normal.
.thatsme.
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I bled for 6 months straight after I had it inserted! But I would just take a test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supermommyof423
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I don't know anything about the Mirena except that its been recalled. I have the Implanon and i am fixing to have it removed. I haven't had a period in about two weeks and i was having them weekly since December 31st.
wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
I've had it for almost a year, and I haven't had a period in 3 months. It has slowly just went away after the IUD.
slrsgirl
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I haven't gotten my period but I am also breastfeeding. I have mirena

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)