Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Losing friends after baby

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM
  • 45 Replies

How many of you have lost friends since you've had your baby because you cant be the "fun" friend anymore that can go out on weekends or just get up and go out anytime of day? I've lost most of mine except my one true friend but don't see her much either because she although she wouldn't tell me to my face but I know kids aren't her thing and I know sitting at my house watching movies while im feeding/changing my baby is the last thing she wants to do.

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sailorchu
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in the same boat. I really just have one good friend left other than my friends that have kids. It's rough but I wouldn't trade the life I have with my son for anything!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kristina_
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Ive lost all but two,but then i gained a couple(: but it didnt bug cause all i need is my daughter
ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:30 AM
I went thorough that when I had my oldest. It sucks for a while. Then you make new mommy friends. It's not so bad. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:46 AM
You have different priorities than they do. I didn't see my friends as often, in fact I rarely did after my oldest was born. Some I reconnected with, some I didn't. I made friends whom I have more in common with.
Reina13
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I agree with this. It is just about priorities.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Quoting Courtney610:

You have different priorities than they do. I didn't see my friends as often, in fact I rarely did after my oldest was born. Some I reconnected with, some I didn't. I made friends whom I have more in common with.

Lovingmommy1028
by Vanessa on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

all my friends i have are still friends with me i havent lost any 

TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM
i chose to leave most of my friends behind because their lifestyle would have been harmful to my family. i sgill don't have any irl friends.
Squishysmom2
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I was the first in our group to have a baby and only hung out with one of them after the baby was born.I did make alot of new mommy friends but then they all started getting married and having kids and now I am reconnecting with them.
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Its life, it happens. I already knew that would happen to me, so it wasn't a surprise.

Think about it from the perspective of someone who doesn't have children: They're always calling you and inviting you out, and you can't because of your child. Eventually, they get the hint and stop calling altogether.

If I didn't have kids, I'd probably do the same thing. Nobody wants to invite you out only to be shot down everytime for the same reason.

The solution? Make new mom friends.

mom_3.0
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Are they really friends, then? The answer is NO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)