Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scheduled C-section or Vaginal Delivery?

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 75 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you pick if you could choose (barring all complications and other unforeseen issues); C-section or vaginal delivery?

Options:

Scheduled C-section

Vaginal Delivery

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 114

View Results

If you could choose, (all complications aside!) which would you pick?

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spoiled_Blonde
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM

If everything was fine why in the world would anyone opt for uneccessary surgery?!  I picked vaginal. That's what I did twice and I was in and out of the hospital in less then 24 hours... I wouldn't want to be in their any longer then I had to!

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Vaginal!

I have had 2 c-sections and I swear on my life when we have a 3rd kid, I WILL have a vaginal birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alleycat_2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Vaginal. Im not keen on any type of surgery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1LuckyLady2011
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

My c-section was scheduled once it was discovered my hips never separated during pregnancy as they should have to allow the baby to pass through the birthing canal.  It was fast, the doctors kept me at ease, and I was left unrestrained so that I could hold her on my chest as soon as she came out like a woman would during a vaginal delivery.  My experience is rare, I know, but it left me with a more open mind about c-sections. 

jennifer127
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I have had 5 c-sections. Not any of them because I wanted them. Although, a c-section doesn't necessarily mean a longer hospital stay. I have been out within 24 hours as well, with 2 of my 5. My other 3 were within 48 hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kloesmommy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I was able to choose and I chose a scheduled c section. Went textbook
mommyof11050307
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I would do either. I had both and my vaginal births were worse. I was so out of it afterwards. My csection I was fine and ready to get out of bed a few hours afterwards. My csection lasted 15 mins from the time I came into the hospital till my daughter was born. My other Lahore I was strung out from all the pain that I just slept for hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I would never choose a c-section!!! I had one (NOT by choice) and the epidural never took and I actually fully felt being cut open on the entire right side. They couldn't knock me out because DDs heart rate was low and they were scared that if she was put under they wouldn't be able to revive her. I went into shock....dh says it was like a scene from the movie Saw.....back arching, eyes rolling back in my head, screaming... the works. They kicked DH out of the room and didn't let him know I was ok for over 30 minutes. I was put under and given a breathing tube the second DD was out of me. When i woke up i had the shakes for over 2 hours. My whole body was uncontrollably shaking....I could barely hold DD. Then the next day I was violently ill and let me tell you....throwing up after having your stomach cut open is NOT pleasant. I will most likely not have anymore kids because of it. It's been 4 years and I still can't get over it fully!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM
C-section.
kurmom
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Absolutely vaginal!!!!! I had to have an emergency c section with my daughter, and I hated it. Hope that with my next my doctor will let me do it naturally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)