Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What do you do when weather sucks?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok, im a stay at home mom of a 2 year old (turns 2 on the 10th) and im 21wks pregnant.... im just trying to find things to do with my son when weather is crappy like rain or snow. We are 1-2 miles from any park, my husband usually has the car at work all day, and my son has started saying "LET'S GO!!" so I can tell he is getting cabin fever too :( We are a low income family barely scraping by til my husband finds another 2nd job. So suggestions would be wonderful if they didn't cost money
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:51 PM

My kid is older but we have wii tounaments, do puzzles, I try to have the supplies on hand to do at least one craft, watch movies in our jammies and eat popcorn

See if there are any indoor play areas, even mcdonalds

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

my dd is 3 and she likes when I play the what bigger game. Ill take a shoe and tell her to find something in the house that is bigger. and then she brings it to me and we measure if its bigger. or my dd like to cook, so we will make a "Quilt pizza" a pizza that I divide into 8 squares and each square she puts a certain number of toppings,(example on square 3 she puts 3 different toppings)

brittany208
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM

we watch waaay too many cartoons.... wait--did you want to know what we actually do, or some good ideas that we SHOULD do :)

liams_mama12
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Play games lol. My husband always has the car and our son just turned 1 and he loves to move around. The only time he's still is when he's tired or sleeping lol. I'm really hands on. You could bake him cookies, puzzle games, just go for a walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes just getting outside is all you need. Good luck when your second child is born lol . You will be bored no longer.

StarryRain
by Rain on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM
It'll be easier when he's older. But, why not make home made musical instruments, or stock up on some simple crafting supplies?
amberandmonker
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 12:12 AM
My little one is 2.5 and he loves arts and crafts.. Finger painting, coloring.. We build forts in the living room.. Have movie time.. Do puzzles and read a lot.
Dani3lla
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM

my kids draw and run around the house or watch tv  we r new to snow  so its hard to be inside all day  so i try to gwt out but when all else fails we walk around store slowly  take our time lol    game systems help   we got a wii and and xbox kinect so they intrerat with the games    i even have a work out  game for me since i cant go to the gym

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)