Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just feel old today

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 2 Replies

I know I am only 27 but sometimes I have those moments when it gets quiet and my house and I start to think of how old my kids are getting and kinda makes me feel much older then I am for some reason. My daughter will be 10 in about 2 weeks and of course she has been talking about what kind of birthday party she wants and who she wants to come. Today when I was taking some thinking time I realized that in fall of 2014 which is only like a year and a half away she will be in 6th grade and not sure if this is like this anywhere else but here 6th is the first year of junoir high. My baby girl in junoir high..Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday I was dressing her in cute little baby shoes and dresses. And my son will be following right behind her the year after so I will be 29 with two junoir high kids oh man makes me feel much older then I am. Has anyone found the rewind button yet so I can enjoy them as babies again just for a day or so. Am I the only one that feels this way sometimes?

by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Lol my husband keeps reminding me how amazing it is that we are almost 30. I'm 27 with just my 4 mo ds... Just going to enjoy the ride. One day older is one more blessing in my book. 

sissy852
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:27 AM
i feel the same way. I am 27 and going to be a great great aunt for the second time this year. And that makes me feel old. Especially knowing that my dh great great aunt is still alive and in her 90s
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)