Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Is it harder to have kids with ectopic pregnancy

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 3 Replies

i wanted to get some insight from others moms that have experinced something like me. well i have had two ectopics both on the same side. After the second  ectopic doctors said my fallopian tube was scared badly so it was removed so if i try again it wont happen again me having a ectopic. I understand that but how much harder will it be for me to get pregnant once i have only one fallopian tube? Any information will be helpful. 

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM

It will be harder, but it sounds like your fertility hasn't been an issue so far, just the issue with that fallopian tube. My former mother in law had two very successful pregnancies after an ectopic where her tube was removed. I don't know if that's typical but I hope it will be your experience as well.

I'm so sorry for your loss! I cannot imagine how hard that must have been to have it experience not once but twice. ((Hugs))

sahm_of_rj
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM
My sis had an ectopic and lost her tube on that side, she was pregnant again within 6 months. She had a healthy baby girl and 6 years later a healthy baby boy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM
i don't see how it would necessarily be more.difficult, but you should have a thorough exam to make sure your remaining fallopian tube will function normally.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)