Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I don't want my children to have braids.

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this
Gasp! Everyone acts like it is crazy that I don't want my kids to go through a huge amount of pain for a hairstyle. I keep their hair pretty basic, when they are older if they want Cornrolls or anything fancy then so be it. Being African American does not have braids as a requirement like my friends and family seem to think.

What's so bad about not wanting that? I hate seeing kids cry out in pain for the sake of looking good.
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bitchplease420
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Braids is cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Quoting bitchplease420:

Braids is cool

still trolling ? I saw your other fail post. You may want to take that to another group.
Momwithcutebaby
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I am glad to hear that.

bitchplease420
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Shhhhh

Nobody knows who I am yet.

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Quoting bitchplease420:

Braids is cool

still trolling ? I saw your other fail post. You may want to take that to another group.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Quoting bitchplease420:

mmmmm........
KawaiiLila
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
At first I thought this was about like French braids or like standard piggy tail braids but yeah. I wouldn't put a kid through that either. It's whatever though. Kwim? They have their own life to worry about. They don't need to be that conceded with yours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid and being bashed i think braids in kids is stupid. Ill also admit im ignorant on the aa hair, but doesnt it ruin the hair along with beinv painful?
Ive seen one friend braid her dds hair and she literally pinned her down to do it while the girl was screaming in pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally think natural african american hair is beautiful. Sorry if that's not the correct term lol I had a friend growing up that never braided her hair she always had it straightened and it was really pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I think the looser braids i have seen are cute but not the tight scalp pulling ones.  For boys i would keep their hair short and maybe for the girls I would do pig tails or something so the hair can be neat w/o them having to sit for hours.   Yes i realize the pig tails for most children would look like cotton puffs but i still think that is cute for girls.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Makes sense to me. They can always choose to go through the pain when they're older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN