Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How often do you get presents from your DH/SO?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 35 Replies
I love getting my dh something special on our anniversary, bdays and fathers day and sometimes just because I love you day. But I can't remember the last time he got me a gift...no joke. Not even for anniversary or mothers day! I here all my friends get really nice, sweet thoughtfull gift from their dh's and I am soo beyond jealous. Maybe its just my dh :/ What about you ladies? And I don't mean I want extravigant expensive gifts or anything but just a little something to let me know I was thought of as a wife and mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJs
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:04 AM
on special occasions really, that's about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Not that often.  He will buy me a treat that is food related every once in awhile when he thinks i will enjoy it.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Special occasions or just because days. :) not really too often though.
velvetkitty
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Ummm... Maybe once a year. My 4 year old son asked me on Valentines Day if I'd like him to share his candy because mom's never get anything. :/ awkward!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Frequently. Not just holidays/special occasions, and not always extravagant. Sometimes jewelry. Sometimes kitchen stuff, sometimes a bottle of wine or flowers. Sometimes clothes. At least once a month.
-42-
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:39 AM
A lot.

Probably once a week, at least. Sometimes it's something small, like he'll pick up something chocolate on the way home, or we'll go somewhere and if I like something, he'll buy it.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Not too often. Often enough, though! Maybe once Every couple of months.
erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Not very often. Don't have the money for it. He does do a lot around the house and will give me a break. That means more to me than anything he could buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsmata1234
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Can't even remember when he got me something special... =(
brittany208
by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Have you ever read the love languages book? Basically, it says people express/feel love in five ways: quality time, acts of service, physical touch, gifts, and words of affirmation. Sounds like your love language is gifts--that's how you feel loved. Perhaps he has a different love language. So its not that he DOESN'T love you, he just shows it in a different way. (And perhaps you aren't meeting his love language, either, but he doesnt know how to tell you about it?)

My DH rarely, rarely buys me presents. BUT that isn't my love language, or his either, and honestly, I don't want him to buy me presents. I would feel *unloved* if he was always buying things we didnt need.

Anyways, I highly highly recommend the book. It's actually pretty popular, in that I think a lot of other women on here have read it too. I've seen other people recommending it more than once. It's really very good and sounds like exactly what you need!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN