Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Adoption

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hi mommys. Im 24. When I was 19 I had my first son. When I turned 22 I had a second boy but due to bad circumstances I had giving him up for adoption. I was on the streets and trying to do for my 2 yr old. Well I had him on dec 21 2010 and then 2 weeks later I met the love of my life and got pregnant again. I kept him since I was stable now. His bday is 12.16.11. A yr later.

Everyone says I did bad and that im wrong. At least I didnt have an abortion. Right??!!!.

Does anyone have any kids they adopted or gave their baby up??? Im in dyer help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
5 moms liked this

Yeah, you might wanna watch that 'at least I didn't have an abortion' thing....its insensitive and suggests that you're better than people who did. That's a personal choice and a very hard to thing to go through, from what I understand.

Secondly, who is 'everyone'? If its one thing I learned, its that you don't have to share with everyone (family included) what you went through. Its better to keep your personal business to yourself- you don't have to tell people the back-story. Let them wonder.

If you feel that you did what's best and you're at peace, then that's really all that matters. People are going to talk anways, so let them talk.

LuLuRex
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I think you did what you felt was right for your baby. I wouldn't listen to negative people if I were you. 

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

chelsone
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

i could never see myself doing that, but its what you felt was right. i totally support adoption because i was adopted when i was 2 weeks old. i had a good life with loving parents. im glad i was given a chance. and whoever has your precious baby will forever thank you for your selflessness. :)

Mrs.Greco
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
What's done is done. Don't listen to "everyone" and accept the choice that you made. I'm sure your baby baby has a wonderful loving home :)
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

You made sure that your baby was going to be given the best life possible. That was a loving choice. Remember that, but also remember that your story and your choices are no one's business but your own.

Mybabiez4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Thank you to all of you and yes ive done a good thing. I met the family and they spoil him to death. But im just hoping if one day he finds me he will wanna kno why he had to go and not my new baby. But that his parents will love him reguardless. Also, they couldn't have kids and we had alot in common.
Navywifetk
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I could never give one of my kids up for adoption but you did what you thougt was best.

Mybabiez4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Let me tell you. It was the hardest thing to do especially 4 days before xmas. The good thing is I got to spend xmas with him. The parents let me. That was a good thing and it helped with the closure of it. I thank god for them.
adopteeme
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Do you have a closed adoption?
EslingerCrew11
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Quoting .Peaches.:

Yeah, you might wanna watch that 'at least I didn't have an abortion' thing....its insensitive and suggests that you're better than people who did. That's a personal choice and a very hard to thing to go through, from what I understand.

Secondly, who is 'everyone'? If its one thing I learned, its that you don't have to share with everyone (family included) what you went through. Its better to keep your personal business to yourself- you don't have to tell people the back-story. Let them wonder.

If you feel that you did what's best and you're at peace, then that's really all that matters. People are going to talk anways, so let them talk.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)