Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper rash frustrations and pharmacy pissing me off... UPDATE in red.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

DD has had a diaper rash all weekend. I've tried every OTC brand of cream and several home remedies to clear it up. She isn't miserable, but if she isn't changed quickly she will start to fuss. Her little "moose" (oldest DD calls it that for some reason and it stuck) is blood red all over it and looks somewhat like a yeast rash. So finally called her pedi this morning to have a cream called in for her. Called the pharmacy to see if it was called in/ready for pick up. The girl tells me its called in and its about to be filled. 2 hours later I go to pick it up for them to tell me that they haven't carried the cream in over a year and I have to drive BACK across town to Walgreen's to drop it off because none of the smaller chain pharmacies carry it. So I have to go back into town in about an hour to pick it up. I will not be using that stupid pharmacy ever again. 

Why didn't they call me and ask what pharmacy to transfer it to? All of my info is on file. Instead I wasted 1/4 tank of gas in my truck and hubby is going to be mad at me for someone else's screw up.

Update: So this morning her rash had spread to her legs. She had been using Nystatin since Monday with no improvements (that's what they had called in for her). I took her in and the doctor said it is most definitely a "yeast" rash and has given her oral diflucan for the next 5 days. She's crawling around without a diaper for 10-20 minute stretches through out the day. But she's still pretty miserable. Thanks for all the help though. 

Her moose is what my daughter refers to as her lady bits.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoanahLee
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Why would your husband be mad at you? Shit happens, especially with pharmacies, and I understand being frustrated, but he has no reason to be mad at you. 

KanPsMommy
by Rebekah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Just for having to waste gas.. Not really mad at me, just mad over the fact that money is a bit tighter than normal this week and wasting gas isn't helping.

Quoting JoanahLee:

Why would your husband be mad at you? Shit happens, especially with pharmacies, and I understand being frustrated, but he has no reason to be mad at you. 

baquick
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Sounds weird but works!

If you have a cast iron skillet put some flour in it and "burn" it. A nice tan color. Let it cool and then apply to baby's bum. A little goes a long way! It will smell to high heaven in the beginning, but works.

Also try some breast milk if you have it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by Rebekah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I wish I had some still I might could squeeze a drop out but I don't think it would go very far.

Quoting baquick:

Sounds weird but works!

If you have a cast iron skillet put some flour in it and "burn" it. A nice tan color. Let it cool and then apply to baby's bum. A little goes a long way! It will smell to high heaven in the beginning, but works.

baquick
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM
It doesn't take much. I highly recommend the flour. It works like a charm!

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I wish I had some still I might could squeeze a drop out but I don't think it would go very far.

Quoting baquick:

Sounds weird but works!

KanPsMommy
by Rebekah on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I'll sure give it a try.

Quoting baquick:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting baquick:

Sounds weird but works!

baquick
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM
It smells soooo bad for the first couple hours. I looked at my grandma like she had grown a 3rd eye the first time she told me about it. Then when she made it I looked at her like she had grown a unicorn horn when she brought it to me. It works so well

Quoting KanPsMommy:

I'll sure give it a try.

Quoting baquick:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Quoting baquick:

Sounds weird but works!

TempestRayne
by Donna on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
baking soda in her bath water.
Crenshaw1988
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
my 6 month old daughter has a diaper rash. the best thing my mom told me to do is have her air dry no diaper on for about 20 minutes during the day. and put buttpaste cream on, you can buy buttpaste cream for cheap at walmart. and just keep it well dried and itll go away in no time. hope it helps.
Crenshaw1988
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM
and within 24 hours ive seen alot of improvement in my daughters diaper rash just by me putting the buttpaste cream with aloe brand on her for every diaper change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)