Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Emotional mommy?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

I never had that 1st time mommy freak outs.  I've always been really calm when it comes to my son.  A lot of people think I'm crazy that I don't flip out whenever he gets hurt, but that's just my personality.

Are you/were you an emotional parent?  

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
raynedawn
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I can be but I also have a child with disorders so if I'm not on my toes someone could get hurt.

Megan11587
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

That's understandable for sure.

Quoting raynedawn:

I can be but I also have a child with disorders so if I'm not on my toes someone could get hurt.

carterscutie85
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I'm like that too. If he falls and hurts himself, I don't freak out. I just deal with it. Getting upset isn't going to help the situation, kwim?

Rach0307
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I'm like that too, so my son is pretty good about just shaking it off when he falls or something. If he does cry, I know that either it was seriously painful or he's super tired, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I am like this for falls and things. My daughter fractured her leg 6 months ago and I was totally fine.

However sickness is a whole other thing for me with my daughter. She has asthma that is only brought on when she is sick and I have seen her go from great to not getting enough oxygen in a matter of minutes despite being on everything she can be for it so sickness freaks me out and puts me more panicky.

Quoting carterscutie85:

I'm like that too. If he falls and hurts himself, I don't freak out. I just deal with it. Getting upset isn't going to help the situation, kwim?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM

That would definitely make me react differently.  I guess it's different depending on the child.  My son really hasn't had any health issues, so if he gets sick, it really isn't a big deal.

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

I am like this for falls and things. My daughter fractured her leg 6 months ago and I was totally fine.

However sickness is a whole other thing for me with my daughter. She has asthma that is only brought on when she is sick and I have seen her go from great to not getting enough oxygen in a matter of minutes despite being on everything she can be for it so sickness freaks me out and puts me more panicky.

Quoting carterscutie85:

brittany208
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM

yes and no. I'm an emotional PERSON, so I do cry a lot. but im pretty calm when my DS gets hurt. He's a little boy, he'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)