Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you 20 something moms go out?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Kids to wake up in the middle of the night. I prefer to be the one to put my boys to sleep every night and it does make me feel guilty leaving them at home so I can be selfish and have fun without them doing those things. I partied before my kids now I'm all about eing a mother. I'm the youngest of three kids. My parents hardly ever went out. Now that we are grown they go out all the time. Praise to them! 

Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM

From what I'm reading you women are doing it responsibly and when we should and are able to. I take advantage of when my oldest son is with his dad or when others offer to watch my boys. Or I plan a date night once a month at least for my husband and I to go out together. My girlfriends and I usually go out shopping and have dinner. I only party with my husband. Those women are not! And their kids are not well cared for when they are leaving their two kids with a disabled grandmother in a wheel chair. They are going out an average of twice or three times A WEEK! 

Megan11587
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

The last time I went out drinking I was with my husband and that was Superbowl Sunday. My parents bought us concert tickets that night. The last time I went to the bar with just friends?  I'd say April or May?

Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Praise to all you responsible mothers, I wish I had y'all in my life. We need more friends that are a better influence!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I go out about once a month. Mostly once my kids are in bed. We do dinner with friends. Occasionally out dancing. We're going out this weekend for a nice dinner and a few drinks afterwards. We don't go out with the intention of getting drunk.

I'm a SAHM, president of the school PTO, and I recently started helping get a non profit, kids volunteer group put together in the community. If I go out once a month, Are you really going to judge? My kids are well cared for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsLondon
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I never go out and party. I have date nights with the hubby but that's about it. I hate clubs. I'm too old for that mess. I did all that before 21 lol After I turned 21 all my partying was out of my system. The rare times I did party anyway. I was always the friend that was ready to go.

jasminesmom210
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I go out once a month, sometimes once every other. Depends when my parents are available to take the kids over night, I dont trust anyome else to watch them. I usually do go to the club with my girlfriends. Im a single mom and sometimes do just want to let lose. But I usually just go to dance, I may have a drink or two bit I have to pick my kids up early the mext morning and dont want to feel like shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I try to atleast once a year.... it's a good break from reality for me for a night.
Delila12
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Never.
MistyMoo
by Amber on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't go bar hopping lol.. I think in the last five years I've only went out 2/3 times...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)