Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How often do you 20 something moms go out?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (21-30):
kayandjsmom
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Rarely ever. Well, I don't go out and get drunk at all anymore. But I rarely go out and just hang out with the girls. I did a few weeks ago and it was a good time. Dinner and drinks and we were all ready to go home around 12. We're all moms.

The hubby and I will sometimes get  a babysitter and go to the movies and dinner when it's close to bedtime for the kids. That's not too often either.

Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

No judgment here, I praise you. I judge my husbands friends that go out twice or three times a week leaving their two kids with their disabled grandma in a wheel chair and make him feel bad for leaving him out... He needs new friends. 

victoriangavin
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Never, I have only left my son for 2 hours to get my cell phone fixed... He's 6 months old

BambiEyes26
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Exactly. Though it's a rarity for me, I'm a single mom.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Drinking and partying? Never.

Going out with girlfriends to movie or dinner? Once a month

Living4Landen08
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
2 moms liked this

i feel like when your married you should hang out with more married people becaue they understand having to be home at a certain time and the kids and every thing but i dont think there anything wrong with club hopping every now and then but every night is tooo much..I have somed friend like that and im like sont u have 3 kids to tend to some dont know when to slow dont and and be a parent and when its time for some me time

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Once or twice a year. But I go to the movies with my cousin or do something else fun at least once a month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
favi_donnie22
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Partying and drinking only once turned 21 on January and it was because my husband pretty much made me wanted me have good 21 birthday.but other then that day never,, out to hang out with a friend once a month.we hang out with group they have kids too once a month and husband and i dates 2 or 3 times a month.i want to be happy and have a nice time i always do as long as I'm with my two boys
BethanyBreAnn
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I have 2 boys and my SO & I go out at least 2 times a month alone. we do dinner, drinks, a movie , a bar whatever mood we are in and there's nothing wrong with that and we most definitely deserve at least one evening to do what we please. Our boys stay with their grandma ( she even asks for them,we don't ask her) and they are in bed before we go out just in case they would want to come home. Its okay to drink occasionally , that doesn't make you a bad parent!
Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Read my other comments. I'm talking about certain mothers on my FB that are going out twice or three times a week leaving their kids with unreliable babysitters. Of course when you are going out responsibly it doesn't make you a bad parent. 

Quoting BethanyBreAnn:

I have 2 boys and my SO & I go out at least 2 times a month alone. we do dinner, drinks, a movie , a bar whatever mood we are in and there's nothing wrong with that and we most definitely deserve at least one evening to do what we please. Our boys stay with their grandma ( she even asks for them,we don't ask her) and they are in bed before we go out just in case they would want to come home. Its okay to drink occasionally , that doesn't make you a bad parent!

Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Like I said before, yes, we are more than just wives and mothers. But I put motherhood before anything. I don't need to go out drinking three times a week away from my sons and husband to keep my sanity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN