Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How often do you 20 something moms go out?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't.
wonderstruck11
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I am 21 and my husband is 27. Since our 15 month old was born, I remember going to the clubs 3 times. Once was with a girlfriend and the other 2 with my husband. We did go to Louisville, Ky for my birthday weekend last August.
We usually take our baby girl with us on trips. We're a family, and I hate leaving her behind.
We don't get invited out ever. We haven't been to a party in forever, we usually have to invite people to our house!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We go out just about every time we go and visit the inlaws so maybe about once or twice a month. Nothing wrong with it, parents are allowed to have fun...

My kids love love love staying at their aunts (technically my cousin) house. She has no kids and is single so she enjoys having them there. When they're there we might go out for a drink or two.

But the parents and call a babysitter all the time to go out and get hammered to the point to where they cant take care of them in the morning, that's a little much....

thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not much of a drinker, will have maybe three drinks if I go out. I cant handle a hang over like I could before having kids. I only go out maybe twice a year. The last time I went out was in July I think.

Maks1mommy
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I never ever do what you just said.
I've gone out to have drinks with my husband once though and he and I usually get a date night every other month or so.
I never go out with my friends, we only hang out during play dates.
Hollywood5433
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are the only ones out of our friends that have children and we get invited to go out a lot. We go out about once or twice a month and drink, only one of us drinks as the other has to drive, my parents watch the kids, and the one who does drink usually only gets a buzz and it doesn't effect our taking care of our children. That is actually the only time we go out, we don't really have money to do "date nights" when we go out to dinner we usually bring the kids.

Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I really wish I had mom friends like you all. :( I hate that my husband has friends that have kids and haven't grown up themselves. It makes me feel bad that they leave him out because they don't like me because I'm not like them. It doesn't help either that I'm a SAHM and don't have many friends myself. Oh well, we are young and in the process of buying a new house and our boys are still young. We have a bright future ahead of us with I'm sure some better friends to spend time with.

MrsMalsam
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't go out very often. If we want drinks with friends, we invite them over for dinner and have a few on the patio after the kids go to bed. I'd rather save my money and have a great time at home instead of at the bar or club.

The only time DH and I go out to a bar is after the Marine Corps ball or when we go back home on vacation and we go out with friends and the grandparents watch our kids. Even then, we are there to tuck them in bed and go out after.
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont drink or party like that...dh and I will go to a nice dinner once a week or I will hang out with friends every once in awhjile

MommieSDW
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I can count on one hand how many times I've been drunk stupid in the last few years. I have a ladies night with my bestie once every two months. We wear jeans and find a slow bar and do karaoke and dance together like crazy people. I have been to one club my entire life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)