Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you 20 something moms go out?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 28 and never! I go out on wed to cook dinner for 25 teenagers and be a youth leader...thats about it...about 2 times a year I might go see a movie with no talking animals in it...oh wait Twilight has the wolves...ummm not sure then...

LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I go out once a month with DH for our date night. My mom stays with the kids & we get a hotel room for the night. I rarely drink though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smendoza87
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Love all the feedback. Thank you ladies!

polkaspots
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't until my first was over a year, and that only lasted a few months bcause I got pregnant again. Now, my younger one just turned one last months and I've been out once and I have plans to go out again at the end of the month. So, in the almost four years it has been since I got became pregnant, I have gone out maybe 15 times. That includes going out without children to anywhere other than the gyno or the supermarket. Now that they're one and three I might start going out more, but not more than once or twice a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IncognitoOne
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We go out (DH and I) by ourselves or with friends occasionally without the kids. But they're with us 99% of the time.

BethanyBreAnn
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have mom friends or play dates
I work nights so I can sleep while the kids are at school my SO used to go out A LOT after we had DS # 2 and I had to deal with that while it lasted but thankfully he grew out of it. I knew it was hard on him to say no when his friends called to go out but he know understands how important family.first is to me. & i don't have FB & I would loose it if girls on there posted that stuff

Quoting Smendoza87:

I really wish I had mom friends like you all. :( I hate that my husband has friends that have kids and haven't grown up themselves. It makes me feel bad that they leave him out because they don't like me because I'm not like them. It doesn't help either that I'm a SAHM and don't have many friends myself. Oh well, we are young and in the process of buying a new house and our boys are still young. We have a bright future ahead of us with I'm sure some better friends to spend time with.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

i did went out once in 5 years. it was my Sisters birthday.

VADIVA23
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Im a homebody I had my daughter at 19 me hanging with my friends ended when my little girl came into my life.My boyfriend and I go out to the movies or dinner he don't drink or smoke I stop hanging with females who go club hopping leaving thier children alone with any and everybody. I will rather spend time watching dora because once they grow up you can't get those memories back when they was 4 years old eating ice cream and watching dora .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luvizth3drug
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm 20 and pregnant but I don't ever really go out but when I do I go with my husband
ProudMama11912
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to have maybe a beer one a week to unwind from a busy week of job hunting. And maybe 1 a month i hang with my homegirl and her 4 kids. Partying is a NO I had my fair share of that when i was younger and i made sum mistakes with my first one and am not ashamed to say so. But i So dearly wanted a GIRL and she is just so Freakin Beautiful Bossy And yess Very NOISY but i love every minute i can get with her because before you know it they grow up so fast... so im enjoying the time for now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)