Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How often do you 20 something moms go out?

Posted by   + Show Post

And I mean go out so you can go out and party and drink with your friends? Having to leave your children behind so you can drink yourself stupid and go bar hop or club hop? I cannot stand reading all these status updates on my Facebook from these mothers that are going out every weekend or sometimes during the week leaving their babies of course at home so they can do these sort of things. I feel so guilty even asking for a baby sitter and its hardly ever to go out and do those sorts of things. My husband has friends that still go clubbing and I cannot stand it. I just put up with it so my husband doesn't feel left out. They leave us out a lot because they know I don't like that stuff and I'm sure it bothers my husband but let's grow up. I'm 26 and he's 27. I just think those people are a bad influence and not very good parents. 

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Replies (91-100):
1stpreggers
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Once since ds was born. I go out to dinner once a month though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I don't.

wedding countdown

LuckyMomma86
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM

I'm 26yrs old and my fiance is 43yrs old, our daughter is 2yrs old. I have 2 friends and I only talk to them on facebook or on the phone. They party, get drunk, bar/club hop, and hop on all different guys so thats why I dont hang out with them. I dont party, I dont go to bars or clubs, dont do drugs, dont smoke cigarettes, I dont get drunk, I dont do stuff I did before I got with my man and got pregnant. I left that in my past so I could start a new future. I never partied not my thing, I did get drunk a few times, I never been to a bar or a club not my thing, I left the immature shit in the past. I would like to have mature friends. I hate reading mothers on facebook saying my babys daddys with someone else.....I wish he was with me. I wish I was dead..blah blah blah. I think to myself omg you have kids, the kids should come first before the stupid guy. An my cousin/old friend used to put on facebook about her (old) boyfriend that she missed him and want they did and where they went and blah blah and nothing about her daughter. It was like her daughter didnt exist. Her parents was watch her daughter so she could go out to bars/clubs and go have sex and get drunk and do whatever. Now she has lung cancer and has a new bf and talks about her bf and daughter on facebook all the time. I love that my daughter and my fiance and my family and stepsons are my only friends. I dont need immature drama in my life. I would like a girls night out like bunco or bingo or the movies or bowling or dinning out....or girls night in, spa night, mary kay or avon parties or parties like that....play dates with our kids.

alleycat_2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
If I go out its with dh and we have date night. We dont party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeelyGoose
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I don't drink and my husband might have a beer like once every 6 months or so. However, I also don't go out for a movie night or dinner with friends since we just moved here and I don't know anyone save for the DH's best friend and his wife.

They're drinkers though and tend to go out friday/saturday nights 3 weekends out of the month. He'll have a few beers but she goes out to intentionally get wasted. Like falling over drunk. It's kind of pathetic in my opinion. Granted she's 3 years younger than I am but she has 2 kids (4yo and 8 months). 

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that, especially knowing eventually you'll have to get your kids from the babysitter and handle then while you're still plastered. It's not responsible nor intelligent. 

I don't know, maybe it's because I was never big on drinking (not even as a teenager/early 20's) and I don't "get it," but it just seems...stupid. 

*The hubs and I do try to go out once every few months for dinner but that's about it. I'm more content staying home, in a quiet house, while the kids are sleeping so I can enjoy crap t.v. and a hot cup of tea. :)

mommyof2girls05
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Ive been out 1 time in the past 2 yrs (probably more) and that was 2 weekends ago.

JessicaM90
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I dont Party, i left all that behind when i had my kid. I do go out on weekends thats all. During the week i take care of my kid and hubby. 

Paperfishies
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Never, I'm not a loser idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I hardly ever go out. When my sister is around, I'm out and about, but that's mostly errands with the kiddies in tow. Plus my best friend lives 4 hours away, so it's hard to get together. I've never been a party person anyway so it's nothing new. 

Ashtonsmommy21
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Never.  I turned 21 when my son was 6 months and still haven't been to a bar. But no I never go out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN