• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separate Beds?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM
  • 187 Replies
4 moms liked this
I have heard of alot of older people in separate beds and I never knew how that was possible.
Now I realize that it probably saved their marriage over and over.
I am only 21 and I can not stand to sleep in the same bed as my other half because I don't get ANY sleep! (Hence the numbers 4:36 AM on my clock)
Is it too early to start thinking about separate beds?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redrose_12
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Since our dd was born he has been sleeping on the couch and once on the floor his thing is he cat sleep because we will wake him up. I don't like it at all but whatever he will want to sleep with me one day and ill prob tell him NO!
QuirkyMom26
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:49 AM
23 moms liked this

I honestly wouldn't mind it one bit! I would love to have an entire bed to myself. Sleep in a  pitch black room with no tv on!! All the sheet corners still in tact around my  mattress without having to fix them every time I get into bed. Not being woke up by him getting out of bed etc. etc ETC.!! I'd go as far as an entirely separate room! I think it'd be nice to have our own space & the excitement of " your room or mine " tonight every once in awhile, wouldn't seem that bad at all to me.  ( We're both 27 ) 

ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My grandparents have had seperate bedeooms for years, they have an amazing marriage though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM
3 moms liked this
My hubby and I rarely sleep in the same bed. He sleeps in the living room most nights. My 3yo still comes in our bed at night and we only have a queen. I want a king desperetly so we can sleep comfortably.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I would love separate beds. DH says no way in Hell lol
Firenygirl180
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Df and i sleep in separate beds. I don't sleep well and he snores. Once we get a king size bed we will most likely share but until then we have separate beds.
Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it. But we sleep fine together. He only snores when he's drunk and that rarely ever happens.

mom2theA-team
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

We cosleep with our one year old but because my husband does not go to bed until 2AM we are sprawled out in the bed and he ends up sleeping in her queen. Our one year old is a bed hog, our five year old never hogged the bed so he slept in our bed until about six months ago... 

mommy404204
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

We dont need seperate beds we sleep in the same bed but never together. We work opposite shifts. I work nights and he works days.

BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM
7 moms liked this

I couldnt do that. I love laying/cuddling/falling asleep with my dh. we always have our arms around each other and if we dont we are in a perfectly comfortable position. He never wakes me up and he gets a bowl of cereal and milk like at 3am and eats it in bed lol. I think i'm a pretty solid sleeper and he's even more so.

Now my DOG. I want her to sleep in a different bed but she's taken on to the thought that when i'm holding dh from behind, that gives her enough room on my side of the bed to lay down on top of the covers pinning me btwn her and dh lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)