Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 3 year old

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 5 Replies

She was born a micro preemie and only weighed 1lb 10oz. Now at 3 she looks like a 18 month old. I always get asked is she is a dwarf child and at first it didn't upset me because she is small but I get asked that all the time. Her doctor says she is growing fine just slower because she did stop growing when I was pregnant with her. 

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kaytee2109
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Don't look at it as a bag thing when people ask. Look at it as your chance to educate them about her... The micro premie & all the stuff that goes along with it. Some people dont realize that stuff is real. I mean they know but they dont realize until it slaps them in the face.

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'm so sorry! I'm glad your baby lived though and like Kaytee said it's your chance to educate them.

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Navywifetk
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I used to tell everyone who asked about her being a micro preemie until one lady had the nerve to say it was probably drinking or drugs that caused her to be small.

brittany208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Well, sounds like--from what I've read on here--that people find something stupid to say about EVERYthing... so.... I would just ignore a comment like that. 

Quoting Navywifetk:

I used to tell everyone who asked about her being a micro preemie until one lady had the nerve to say it was probably drinking or drugs that caused her to be small.

6under1roof
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

sooooo true.

Quoting brittany208:

Well, sounds like--from what I've read on here--that people find something stupid to say about EVERYthing... so.... I would just ignore a comment like that. 

Quoting Navywifetk:

On the ironic/funny/plus side you could look at it like this- most moms wish their kids could stay small longer. Your daugher will :)

You could just tell people you put a brick on her head when she started walking ;) hehe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)