Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friends that don't get it

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do any of you have friends that just don't understand the fact that you can't pawn your children off to go do whatever, whenever you want?  Until recently, I had NO mommy friends.  I have more now and I hang out with them a lot more because we bring the kids and do things that are kid friendly.  My best friend is driving me CRAZY because she just doesn't get it.  I'm not going to pawn my kid off on a sitter whenever you want to hang out!!

*end vent*

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Hanab818
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:04 PM

yes I had a friend that lives 6 hours from me.(she moved not me) and she expects me to just drop the kids of with dh or my mom at any second and drive my ass up to see her, or even better bring the kids up with me for a DAY TRIP. or when shes down here she calls me and says what are you doing tonight i want to go to the bar want to come with. oh btw im leaving in 10 mins. Finally i just cracked and yelled at her. tell her shes a fucking nut job to think that she is more important then my kids ( which i come to find out she talks shit about them to anyone that will listen) thinking I HAVE to drop everything to go do what she wants when she wants. I told her i dont need nor want to deal with her selfish bull shit anymore, i know that she said what she said about my kids and once she GROWS THE HELL UP and stops acting like a 16 year old and want to appoligize to give me a call.

edit: if she didnt talk shit about the boys and gave me more then 10 mins notice when here or offered for me and the boys to stay with her for one night so i wasnt driving 12 hours with a 2 1/2 year od and 11 month old I would be more willing to work with her.

Matriarch87
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Its a two way street. You gotta pawn them off sometimes if you wanna hold on to the childless friend. But yes I understand. I have friends that don't get it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Luckily most of my friends have kids and the ones that don't totally get that my kids come first. They still invite us out to go do things but they also understand when we say we can't because of the kids. In fact another couple we hang out with a lot is getting ready for a baby because they want to start trying this summer. I am super excited for them!

If you have friends that just don't get it then I would politely explain to them that you have kids and can't go out all the time. If they still didn't then I would get rude about it because no one comes before my babies.

brittany208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM

No, not really, but I dont have lots of friends. And my best non-mommy friend kind of stopped inviting me when she goes out at nights bc she knows I always say no, and even when I do go, I'm always tired and want to leave early. I'm not offended. I know I'm not any fun.

Nicoles2LilRams
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM

yeah, those are the kind of women who end up pawning their kids off every chance they get!  I know a mom a bit younger than me who just leaves her toddler with her mom for days on end, going on trips with her bf whenever she feels like it.  Her son is a total wreck and I think he has a lot of issues because of it... he's a very VERY angry little boy

6under1roof
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM

no, but i have had family members who thought that.

i don't talk to them anymore.

Slayton723
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Yeah, even some mommy friends that do. I feel bad for their kids...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I ditched most of my non mommy friends and they ditched me the same... I'm ok with it though.  I enjoy my mommy friends better.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)