Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are some words your kids mispronounce that are funny/embarrassing?

Yesterday we went to Preschool storytime at our library and they were doing a Dr. Seuss theme with the story and crafts.  The craft was for the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  Well, my 3 year old when he says fish it sounds like bitch so when he saw the craft everyone heard, "Hey Mama there's three white bitches, a red bitch, and a blue bitch."  Yeah, it was a little embarrassing lol.  So, does anyone else have any funny stories?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
melissaAD1125
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:50 PM
And my 4 year old use to call Popsicle a pop ticka ticka
brittany208
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Thankfully, no, not really. There have been a couple times when he has said a word that sounded like a word I knew he did NOT know (and better not know!!) but I just asked him again, and he was saying something completely appropriate. never in front of anyone, and nothing more than once.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest has always loved Star Wars. When he was around 2, wars came it as whores. He used to tell people that he loved Star Whores..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM
The one grocery store near us has a clock on the outside. My middle son used to get so excited when he pointed out the 'cock'.
jeanmonkey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Her mispronounciation probably saved me a few odd looks at our first swim lesson. She threw a major fit because she was supposed to hold on to the side, but she either wanted in or out. She started screaming "help me! help me!" as I'm trying to wrangle her either out or in but luckily her "help me" sounds like abbey

ambcortez
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My DS is 6 and calls M&Ms "enemas", which is just awesome when we're at a register and he wants enemas "so bad". DD is 3 and calls marshmallows "marmoshies". 

progressandjoy
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

SS5 mispronounced difficulties as ‘dick ticklies'.

I was alone with SS when he politely asked, "Prog, can you help me? I'm having dick ticklies."

I just about wrecked the car.

brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

That is hilarius! lol

Quoting progressandjoy:

SS5 mispronounced difficulties as ‘dick ticklies'.

I was alone with SS when he politely asked, "Prog, can you help me? I'm having dick ticklies."

I just about wrecked the car.

Babygirl9609
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Out of the blue: but where do you live? haha what a conscidence that they have that story time thing where I live as well except I didn't go with my son cuz of the weather.....

But to awser your post my son says " frakers" instead of crackers lol....to me it sounds like "fuckers" haha....

KME3
by Kristin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Hawk= cock.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)