Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some words your kids mispronounce that are funny/embarrassing?

Yesterday we went to Preschool storytime at our library and they were doing a Dr. Seuss theme with the story and crafts.  The craft was for the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  Well, my 3 year old when he says fish it sounds like bitch so when he saw the craft everyone heard, "Hey Mama there's three white bitches, a red bitch, and a blue bitch."  Yeah, it was a little embarrassing lol.  So, does anyone else have any funny stories?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
parisonmom
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Ds tried to say his name, his name is nick, "what's your name?" Ds says, "Dick" he is 4 yrs old. its funny tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama3189
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Ds1 used to say try to say wait but it would come out "bitch" , hamburgers used to be "hangabuga", uncle paul used to be "bubble" & ds2 says "bana" for banana.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Unforgettable21
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM
My Ds says teddy bear- titty bear.
thickmamaof2
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:40 PM
We taught the kids about strangers and bad guys so now my 3 year oldis really into it and will yell "mommy oh no there is a bad guy!" Except for it sounds like black guy. And she has no inside voice. And you can't tell she is half black. So I get embarrassed allot
mommaashley91
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My 3 year old son loves Thomas The Tank Engine & his favorite character is Percy which he of course pronounces "pussy".
brysonsmommy_10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I live in North Carolina.

Quoting Babygirl9609:

Out of the blue: but where do you live? haha what a conscidence that they have that story time thing where I live as well except I didn't go with my son cuz of the weather.....

But to awser your post my son says " frakers" instead of crackers lol....to me it sounds like "fuckers" haha....

FoxTales
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
hahaha oh where to start! My 18 month old:
-screams "cock! Cock!" every time we are in the grocery store because there is a huge... Clock... On the wall
-consistently asks for "ass" (ice) from the fridge
-used to be unable to use "s" by itself, he said "sh"... so sit was interesting... Sit, puppy, sit! Haha..
-he omits the "r" in "fork" and calls the spoons "poon"

There are others... But he has pretty much said every bad word there is lol and neither of us curse, so he has no idea.

Eta: oh right, there's "ghosass" (goldfish) and for some reason, the eensie weensie spider is "meeena meeena" lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2theA-team
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My five year old used to call our condo a condom. "We live in a condom!" 

Tabelite
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
My dog's name is Tonka, nicknamed Tonk, and my 3 yo would say it like cock. When she was 2 she would say "what's that?" but it sounded like oh shit. There's more but those come to mind and are my favorites.
busymom64064
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM

LOL my 3 year old...........when he says LID, it sounds like LIV. We are always trying to correct him. It is so cute though when he tries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)