Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What are some words your kids mispronounce that are funny/embarrassing?

Yesterday we went to Preschool storytime at our library and they were doing a Dr. Seuss theme with the story and crafts.  The craft was for the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  Well, my 3 year old when he says fish it sounds like bitch so when he saw the craft everyone heard, "Hey Mama there's three white bitches, a red bitch, and a blue bitch."  Yeah, it was a little embarrassing lol.  So, does anyone else have any funny stories?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
Tabelite
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Oh! My 3 yo also calls zebras, breezas. I know we should correct her but I love it. We correct other grammar problems though so I don't think it's that bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kathrynsmomma03
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:59 PM
My dd used to call helicopters cowpoppers and Justin beaver
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM

My little boy used to call Perry Winkle from Blues clues Pickle Winkle. It was soooooo cute!

Toxic.Stardust
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Alice = ass

Freckle = fucker

AmyParent
by Amy on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Ds calls hamburgers "hangerbers" it's not embarrassing or anything but its pretty funny
lovinmama411
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this

When my son was 2-3 he was obsessed with trains, especially Thomas and Percy. He pronounced Percy like "p*ssy". We were in the video store one day and he saw a Thomas movie with Percy on the front of the box covered in mud. He got all excited and yelled out "LOOK MOMMY!! A dirty P*ssy" lol. He always had a Percy train in his hand, and I hated when someone would say "oh, what is that train's name?" so many embarrassments with that one. 

HaileyInezMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM

well my 2 year old is not very good with her "L"s yet so when she told my MIL to look Cock We both about died when she was pointing at the clock.

6under1roof
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Percy from Thomas the Tank.

Sounds like pussy every time.

6under1roof
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:16 AM

My husband's mustache is a "mush-mash" by our 22 month old :)

CHLOES_MOM2008
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:19 AM
My kids call the remote a marote. Oatmeal is oakmeal. I know there's more but those two are I can think of off the top of my head.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)