Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some words your kids mispronounce that are funny/embarrassing?

Yesterday we went to Preschool storytime at our library and they were doing a Dr. Seuss theme with the story and crafts.  The craft was for the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.  Well, my 3 year old when he says fish it sounds like bitch so when he saw the craft everyone heard, "Hey Mama there's three white bitches, a red bitch, and a blue bitch."  Yeah, it was a little embarrassing lol.  So, does anyone else have any funny stories?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Replies (61-65):
sarahjoy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM

My middle daughter had a speech issue when she was younger... She mispronounced a lot of words and it always seems like there were "naughty" words. 

Truck was fuck, flag was fag (she would say "Look there's a fag, and point to a man holding a flag in the parades),  and my favorite... scooter was cooter. So my step dad would always tell her to go ask grandma if he could ride the scooter.  so it came out  "Grandma... can poppa ride the cooter?"

My oldest called chap stick... back a chick.  

hannahsmom238
by Aileen on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Kentucky fried chicken was pronounced kenfucky fried chicken for a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
apaigelvn
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM
My 3 year old cousin saw a pair of baby nail clippers the other day and asked what they were . We told her fingernail clippers..she looked confused and said,"Fucky-nail fuckers?" lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

My son has a lot of words that sound like curse words (he is functionally nonverbal but when he approximates certain words it sounds like he is cursing up a storm). We can't tell what he is actually saying most of the time but we hear stuff that sounds like f*** you, b****, from one of the comercials about goldfish or something (where the little girl yells "sharkey") he gets sucky or sometimes fucky, and when he first started saying please and thank you we got pee and fuck too (now it is thankfully pease and tank too).

KatrinaMae
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM

My son calls ducks, fucks. He pronunces awesome, awesma, which is pretty cute lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)