Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is very embarrassing.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 13 Replies

I still don't have a Drivers license, and I fail my driving test repeatedly. I am a very good driver, and very calm and attentive when I am driving/practicing. I have been driving for years. When ti comes to taing my test for some reason. I start having my panic attacks. Its like I get so nervous, and forget everything. I always end up crying. Why can 16 yr old tweps get theirs but a mother in her 20's can't? Any tips?

I literally shake when im with the tester. I start feeling the pressure. "i need this for my kids"," if I dont get this I ...." etc. I just can't relax and focus.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greengreengrass
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I dont have mine either, I have only been behind the wheel 3 times. I don't know how to back up, park, anything but go in a straight line. It gives me major anxiety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Its not just you , I had to retake my permit test because I ran out of time, I think I took if 4 times before I passed (I got my license at 21 instead of 17 like dh and my twin). What makes you nervous? I know with my it was parallel parking. So what made me feel better was when my buff taught me how to adjust when I made a mistake so I was less likely to freak out and give up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Im not nervous about the driving, just about the pressure of having to get it. I start thining about the importance of it since im a mother and I just  totally mess up when it's time for the test.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

Its not just you , I had to retake my permit test because I ran out of time, I think I took if 4 times before I passed (I got my license at 21 instead of 17 like dh and my twin). What makes you nervous? I know with my it was parallel parking. So what made me feel better was when my buff taught me how to adjust when I made a mistake so I was less likely to freak out and give up.

Amari06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I am in the process of getting my license. I am taking a couple of driving classes before my road test. I never had any motivation to get my license until now. My road test is scheduled for April 11 th
Amari06
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I can def understand that pressure. It's like what if I have to go somewhere and my dh can't take me. Yeah there is public transit but then I have to schedule my day around that. Hope I don't get nervous and choke!!

Quoting coupon_ash_back:

Im not nervous about the driving, just about the pressure of having to get it. I start thining about the importance of it since im a mother and I just  totally mess up when it's time for the test.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

jeanmonkey
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I don't have mine either. I still can't parallel park. At least I think I can't. When I learned I did it perfectly 3 times in a row, but I still can't do it. The importance of it messes with me too since we live way out in BFE. I've just made excuses when i get nagged about it though, but the latest excuse is legit. I have to get glasses first now, since I can't read roadsigns until I'm right up on them anymore.

navywife2377
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 PM
You should talk to your doctor. They could give you something to help with the attacks. Good luck momma!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma.x3
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I didn't get mine till a month after i turned twenty. I already had two kids and my husband was having to drive us around. I was honestly scared to drive but I worked up my courage. Good luck, you can do it! Think nothing but I will pass when you go to take it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryCimino
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I had mine taken away for stupidity at 16, I admit it, I was drunk.

I got it back at 18 so don't feel too bad, try doing something for you before the test like a nice cup of tea or a manicure. Helps me!

6under1roof
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 2:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

Sounds like a xanax might help you :)

Quoting navywife2377:

You should talk to your doctor. They could give you something to help with the attacks. Good luck momma!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)