Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can't believe this....

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
My Dh's stupid dog destroyed my dd's American Girl Doll's hair. He chewed up all the hair and I had to send it in to get the head replaced. That just set me back $80. She is gone for the weekend so hopefully she won't notice it is gone. Who am I kidding she loves that doll.

Guess that's better then me having to replace the entire doll. Lord knows those things are pricey!! This dog is getting on my last nerve.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Awww that sucks... I always wanted n American girl doll... But they were too expensive. Your daughter is a lucky girl.

hannahsmom238
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Poor dolly I still have mine from when I was little. I let my daughter play with her but I don't think she's quite ready to take care of her own.
mrsniebo
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Poor doll! Hopefully it's puppy-ish behavior and that the dog can be trained to not chew your family's things. 

Amari06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Yes she is very fortunate and lucky. The upkeep of the doll add up to a lot but she has done very well taking care of it. I never had an AGD growing up.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Awww that sucks... I always wanted n American girl doll... But they were too expensive. Your daughter is a lucky girl.

Amari06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww my mother wants to get my 1 yr old one of the baby AGD but I told her to hold off on that until she is a bit.older. Just going to get her a practice doll from target or kmart.

Quoting hannahsmom238:

Poor dolly I still have mine from when I was little. I let my daughter play with her but I don't think she's quite ready to take care of her own.
Amari06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Me too I told my dh once we move into our house I want him trained or else he is gone. I can't keep replacing everything he chews up. He doesn't even have any chew toys left. He chewed through the tire we got him from petsmart.

Quoting mrsniebo:

Poor doll! Hopefully it's puppy-ish behavior and that the dog can be trained to not chew your family's things. 

KawaiiLila
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I never had an American girl doll but I had a "my twin" doll and it looked exactly like me at the time. Now the my twin dolls aren't made as well. But it's good she takes care of it. That really sucks that the dog ate it. Was it put up safely?
Amari06
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Her sister had it and she is only one she likes giving it hugs and kisses. I am right there when she plays with it and will put it back in the chair we have for the doll. I sat it on the bench we have infront of the window but bot in the chair and he got to it. He knows better idk what has been going on with him lately.

Quoting KawaiiLila:

I never had an American girl doll but I had a "my twin" doll and it looked exactly like me at the time. Now the my twin dolls aren't made as well. But it's good she takes care of it. That really sucks that the dog ate it. Was it put up safely?
goodmama85
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Wow never realized they were that expensive but that sucks though :/

luvmymunchkins3
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

That stinks my dd was be o upset she loves her AG dolls she has 3 now and gets a new one every yr for christmas 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)