Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

separate beds and sex?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just curious after reading the post about separate beds... I was surprised at how many couples sleep separately, and am wondering if this affects your sex life at all? Is it the same as it always was, better or worse?? My grandparents, like other peoples, had separate bedrooms for as long as I can remember and they were married for 60 years before my Grandma passed away, but they had a great marriage. My DH and I sleep together almost always unless I'm on 3rd which is a couple nights a week or unless, on rare occasion, he falls asleep on the couch and I don't wake him up because he's just so beat. So for those of you who purposely sleep apart, does it affect your sex life at all?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I doubt it. I personally could never do that, that's a big part of being married IMO. It's not just about sex, but the pillow talk, feeling of security, etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adarob
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:44 AM
I sleep on the couch a lot because dh snores so badly, but we always go to bed at the same time, I just wind up getting back up.

Our sex life doesn't suffer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM

We don't sleep seperately, but I think if we did, it would definitely affect our sex life. Instead of waking up in the middle of the night and figuring "I'm not sleeping anyways".... we would have to be more planned/intentional about it.

liams_mama12
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I would imagine it effects more than just sex. Me and Dh use the bed as a safe zone.... a place where we recap the day, talk about dreams, laugh, watch movies, and we almost always fall asleep with him scratching my head. I can admit sometimes he snores, and sometimes I hog all the covers but the bed is somewhere we should both be at night- no matter what. If my Dh were to fall asleep anywhere else, I'd wake his ass up and drag him to bed. He thanks me for it every time ;) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
MomRocs1102
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yea i was a little shocked myself reading it, but hey what ever works

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)