Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coughing.. 11 months

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 1 Replies

My little one will be 11 months old next week. Yesterday evening she started coughing and got worse during the night. It woke her out of her sleep many times. This morning it was pretty bad too. It was off and on during the day. 

I decided to take her to a pediatric walk in clinic this afternoon. 

She has no fever, her lungs and breating sounded great, and her ears and throat looked fine. Of course she didn't cough at all while we were there. The doctor said to wait 5 days and if it is still happening to bring her back, but at this time there is nothing we can do. He also said she may just have some mucus way back in her sinuses that is causing this and to try saline drops but I might not get anything if it is pretty far back.

This evening it seems a little worse...she will cough and choke a little. I hate seeing her like this and I feel horribe everytime I hear her little cough/choke :( Idk what I can do for her to make her more comfortable. It doesn't seem to be a dry cough, but a little wet. Any idaes?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
victoriangavin
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Is she cutting teeth or salivating alot? My 6 month old started doing that recently and does it atleast 5 times a day, I noticed he's cutting a tooth and salivating so much he can't keep up with it so he's choking on his own spit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)