Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

wwud? vent

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

My friend/ next door neighbor has a 12 year old son. He's the oldest of her 4 kids. She lets him get away with anything and everything! This lil boy is constantly beating up his lil brother who is only 9. He's got a horrible mouth, and he doesn't listen worth a damn (but what kid does) Probably the most concerning part of his behaviour is the fact that he ALWAYS has a knife in his hand and is ALWAYS stabbing something!

And what does she do about it? NOTHING!! There are very few instances where she will finally lose it with him and when she does, she takes it way to far and starts punching him! And not lightly either!

Last night I babysat her kids, (i needed the money) and everything was fine the first few hours, because the oldest wasnt here yet. As soon as he got here it all went to shit! My son is currently sleeping on an air mattress, and as soon as the kid walked into my sons room decided to jump on the bed and popped it! Then started cussing out all the lil kids. And to top it all off started punching the crap out of my son and his lil brother! So I made him sit in the corner until his mom got here. I told him if he wanted to act like a 2 year old thats exactly how he'd be treated. '

I texted her last night around 11pm to tell her what was going on. Keep in mind she promised to be home no later than 10pm. So after several failed attemps of calling and texting her, she FINALLY calls my husband back at 330 this morning! I'm so frustraied with her! From now on I do not care how bad I need the money I will not babysit for her ever again! So what would you do in my situation?

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Just don't babysit for her anymore. You knew the kid was a nightmare before you took the job. I would just tell her that he is too much to handle and you aren't comfortable with having him in your home anymore on top of the fact that she didn't return even close to the time she was supposed to. She owes you for the extra hours you babysat and a popped air mattress.

xomrs.chase
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:20 AM
.....call CPS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I absolutely would not babysit for him anymore, and I would tell her politely, but exactly why. I'd also tell her that she needs to do something about it NOW while she still can. I'm sure she wouldn't like hearing it, but apparently she needs to. And I wouldn't care about the friendship because I wouldn't be friends with someone like that anyways.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Probably called the cops
but that is just me.
mollymae09
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Call CPS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

she beats her kid? He beats up his siblings? He carries knives around at age 12? I surely wouldn't welcome him in my house or anywhere near my kids, and honestly, I probably would have called the cops or something by now. That's scary =[

emilyelephant
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I'd call cps

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM
This and call CPS!!! That kid will kill someone

Quoting ChancesMommy07:

Just don't babysit for her anymore. You knew the kid was a nightmare before you took the job. I would just tell her that he is too much to handle and you aren't comfortable with having him in your home anymore on top of the fact that she didn't return even close to the time she was supposed to. She owes you for the extra hours you babysat and a popped air mattress.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zoeysannsmom
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM

If he is willing to hit your kids and pop your air mattress  I would call CPS he needs some help 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)