Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evil mother in law!!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 21 Replies
My mother in law and I have a hot/cold, love/hate relationship. Right now she is pissy with me because dh and I are planning a vow renewal next year and we are not doing it where she wants. So because she isn't in control we are on the war path again. They ripped all of the carpeting out of their immaculate house for hardwood and offered to give us the carpet. Yes, I need new carpeting but I don't want to pay to have it laid and etc until the kids are a little bigger. The kids have been sick off and on all winter and we have had plenty of vomit accidents, dropped juice accidents, muddy dog paw accidents etc. I am more than aware that my carpet is heavily used. But I also have a 3 year old, 9 month old, and a 1 year old dog. I told dh let's store the carpet and wait a couple more years before we lay it so hopefully we have a lesser chance of it getting trashed (it's a much lighter color than I have now). so dh tells
His mom this and she flips. She says I'm throwing it on the side of the road, forget it. So he says no we want it don't throw it away, were just not using it right now. So she goes on to belittle him like usual and he says "mom I know we need new carpet but we want to wait a few more years" her response "fine your carpet is disgusting so if you want to live a disgusting life than that's your problem" EXCUSE ME! I snapped and told him to hang up because she's being a passive agressive bitch as always!! I'm so tired of her controlling, manipulative, passive aggressive behavior!! She has issues!! (the carpet thing is just a small part of what she does...)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Ohhh lord! I hear ya! My husbands stepmom always thought she could get involved in everything. My husband put her in her place one day after a big blow out and that was that. We rarely see them. This is really not a big deal to store the carpet and put it out when kiddies and doggie are older! She needs to get over it. Why would u wanna ruin the carpet?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It goes much deeper than that for her. She loves to control him and hates that she can't control me. She will randomly call and make him do stuff for her. She had a "mental breakdown" right after i had my youngest so my dh spent his paternity leave babysitting her instead of with his new baby and family... Shes insane!

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

Ohhh lord! I hear ya! My husbands stepmom always thought she could get involved in everything. My husband put her in her place one day after a big blow out and that was that. We rarely see them. This is really not a big deal to store the carpet and put it out when kiddies and doggie are older! She needs to get over it. Why would u wanna ruin the carpet?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I'm glad I got rid of my evil MIL. Now she is an ex MIL. :) along with her son. Both are something else. Well that whole family. And my SO now. His mom is awesome. When it comes to marriage I know I will have a great MIL.
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Oh I totally get what you mean. I swear the whole family is bipolar!!!

Quoting a06z08mama:

I'm glad I got rid of my evil MIL. Now she is an ex MIL. :) along with her son. Both are something else. Well that whole family. And my SO now. His mom is awesome. When it comes to marriage I know I will have a great MIL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Bipolar. Manipulative. If it doesn't benefit them in any way. Forget it. If its an inconvenience. Forget it. Even taking care of their own child is an inconvenience. While they drank and got drunk every weekend I was the one watching everyone's kids. But then I would try to correct a situation they would go bat $#!+. It was ridiculous. I ended up telling my ex. I am done going out there. My life doesn't revolve them and taking care of their kids so they could get drunk. Even out on the river at the sandbar they would do the same thing. It pissed me off. And now ex doesn't even go around them. My kids don't get to see their aunt MeMe or Uncle. Breaks my heart. Its all about her (his gf) family now.

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

Quoting a06z08mama:

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Sounds like my mil. My mil tried to have my mom tell me what my mil wanted me to do (when planning my wedding). She offered dh 10k to divorce me. She told everyone I abuse dh bc we wouldn't let her come to the hospital when our oldest was born bc she had MRSA. And the list just keeps going! Thankfully dh told her enough is enough. We haven't seen her in 4 wonderful years :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Does your DH take your side or hers? If he's on your side (like he should be), then he can just put his foot down with her and not let her around if he's being crazy. My dad used to drive me nuts, so we stopped seeing them very often. Now that he sees us as our own seperate family unt that is doing great, he's much easier to be around.

jmrb2012
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:12 AM

i hear you my mother in law and i have the same kind of relationship, we haven't fought in awhile though we live above her so i can't really get that far away, last time we fought it was because my husband wanted to go hunted and i asked him not to and it ended up with i am lazy and don't do anything all day... so now i bite my tongue really hard when i don't agree with her because the drama is to exhausting for me... also she tried to control who my daughters god parents were going to be and i told her that she is my daughter not hers...

addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM
You poor thing! I'm glad you got out of that situation!

Quoting a06z08mama:

Bipolar. Manipulative. If it doesn't benefit them in any way. Forget it. If its an inconvenience. Forget it. Even taking care of their own child is an inconvenience. While they drank and got drunk every weekend I was the one watching everyone's kids. But then I would try to correct a situation they would go bat $#!+. It was ridiculous. I ended up telling my ex. I am done going out there. My life doesn't revolve them and taking care of their kids so they could get drunk. Even out on the river at the sandbar they would do the same thing. It pissed me off. And now ex doesn't even go around them. My kids don't get to see their aunt MeMe or Uncle. Breaks my heart. Its all about her (his gf) family now.

Quoting addiesmommy1109:

Quoting a06z08mama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM
That is insane!!! I would snap if she wanted dh to divorce me!!! I wouldn't let her come either if she had mrsa!

Quoting OBImomma:

Sounds like my mil. My mil tried to have my mom tell me what my mil wanted me to do (when planning my wedding). She offered dh 10k to divorce me. She told everyone I abuse dh bc we wouldn't let her come to the hospital when our oldest was born bc she had MRSA. And the list just keeps going! Thankfully dh told her enough is enough. We haven't seen her in 4 wonderful years :-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)