Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

car seat mamas?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 25 Replies

So my little Teardrop will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and i have some questions. Idk who else to ask.
1. Her carseat only locks into the base in the front. The back, according to manual, doesn't need to be locked in place BUT this causes the carseat to be able to move up amd down.
2. How do I know that the straps are nice and snug on her.
3. I noticed when shes sitting in her carseat shes not sitting back all the way. Shes sllouched, shes not sitting back or straight, shes curled, but I cant get her to go back all the way. Is this ok?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leila0907
by Christi on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Most local police or fire stations have officers certified in carseat installation.. Call and see if you can swing it by and they wil inspect the installation with or whiteout child in it
erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I agree. There's no way to answer ur questions without seeing the carseat

Quoting Leila0907:

Most local police or fire stations have officers certified in carseat installation.. Call and see if you can swing it by and they wil inspect the installation with or whiteout child in it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I thanks. Im going to google their address lol

Quoting Leila0907:

cowgirlsmommy
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Infant seats and many rear facing convertible seats are supposed to move up in the back. Unless a seat has an anti rebound feature, this will happen and is perfectly ok.
When she is buckled in her seat, you should not be able to pinch the harness. If you can pinch some slack, it's too loose.
With her slouching, she may just be too small for her seat. There are ways to fix it though. Do you have a picture of her in it so I can see what you're talking about?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
No. Ill take picture when she wakes up

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

Infant seats and many rear facing convertible seats are supposed to move up in the back. Unless a seat has an anti rebound feature, this will happen and is perfectly ok.

When she is buckled in her seat, you should not be able to pinch the harness. If you can pinch some slack, it's too loose.

With her slouching, she may just be too small for her seat. There are ways to fix it though. Do you have a picture of her in it so I can see what you're talking about?

KanPsMommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM

If she's slouching down in the seat it may not be reclined enough. Most infant seats have a level indicator to let you know if its at the right recline. If your seat isn't allowing it to recline correctly you can take a rolled up towel or pool "noodle" to help.

SpnFulOfSugar
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Join the car seat safety group, they have several certified techs that may be able to help until you can find a tech in your area.
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I think I figured out what's wrong. Her shoulder seatbelt is in first. Hole but if I sit her in it straight up her shoulders are at 3rd hole I think. How do I know which one to use.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

If she's slouching down in the seat it may not be reclined enough. Most infant seats have a level indicator to let you know if its at the right recline. If your seat isn't allowing it to recline correctly you can take a rolled up towel or pool "noodle" to help.

cowgirlsmommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM
The harness should be at or below their shoulders.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I think I figured out what's wrong. Her shoulder seatbelt is in first. Hole but if I sit her in it straight up her shoulders are at 3rd hole I think. How do I know which one to use.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Thanks

Quoting cowgirlsmommy:

The harness should be at or below their shoulders.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN