Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

how old was your baby?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

My dd is a little over a month old, she was born feb 4th. And it's been so long since i had a lil baby I have forgot a lot of baby stuff! My ds is almost 9 so yea its been awhile!

Does anyone remember how old there baby was when it started smiling, and cooing? And all the other baby milestones?

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ruby_jewel_04
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
My little one is 6 Weeks. All 4 of mine started at about 4-5 Weeks. They all started crawling around 4-5 months. Got their first teeth at about 6 months. My oldest 2 were walking at 8-9 months. My 3rd at 11 months. Its early, and I'm tired, so that's all I can remember right now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Navywifetk
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM

All 3 of mine was 5-6 weeks when they started cooing.

jenaree
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

You can sign up for some fun daily, weekly monthly emails that will tell you upcoming milestones. Babycenter is a good one and there is also thebump.com

brittany208
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Mine is 3.5 and yeah... I've already forgotten when all the milestones are. But if you log onto babycenter, you can check out what kids should be doing at each age. I did that a lot when my LO was a baby.

emilyelephant
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Ria started smiling at 7-8 weeks. She was always more interested in sitting and moving around than talking, but at 6 months she "talks" allll the time, but I'm not sure when she started cooing.
She could sit unassisted at 4.5 months

nstroble
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Mostly anything of real excitement for us happened at about 2 1/2 -3 months. After that it's like a snowball.

MrsLondon
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

3-4 months I think.

Master_Debater
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM
About 2 months
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aydnsmommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Best advice, get a baby book!!!! I was religious with writing down EVERYTHING for my babies. But PLEASE remember not to compare your baby with another baby. Each child is different.

But..... To answer your question, both my kids smiled at 4 weeks and were cooing by 8 weeks.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3/4 months. You should get What to Expect the First Year. Very helpful. I loved that book.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)