Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Save it or get rid of it?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:23 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
We got my son a convertible carseat today. (Still rear facing of course, he's only 13 months.) but I'm curious what to do with his infant seat. Is it like a safety concern to save it for a future baby? Would you/did you keep yours or get rid of it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I get rid of old car seats. Each child gets a new seat. When I say get rid if it I usually take them to the church as a donation. I know alot second hand stores don't accept them and I would feel bad throwing it in the trash. So I give it to the church so they can so it :-)
6under1roof
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Check and see when the expiration date is. If it has a long shelf life yet, and you plan on having a baby within that time frame, keep it. I'm BIG into hand-me-downs. If you don't think you'll have a baby in that time frame, but it still has good life left, see if you can find someone who needs it, or donate it. If it's close to expiring (within a few months) cut the straps and dumpster it.

erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I save them if they won't expire. So far my second was able to use both of my older ones car seats. They are too expensive to just throw out. Or if u know someone having a baby soon u can always give it to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Hana on Mar. 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM
This!

Quoting 6under1roof:

Check and see when the expiration date is. If it has a long shelf life yet, and you plan on having a baby within that time frame, keep it. I'm BIG into hand-me-downs. If you don't think you'll have a baby in that time frame, but it still has good life left, see if you can find someone who needs it, or donate it. If it's close to expiring (within a few months) cut the straps and dumpster it.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Any place that will take it. I would give it. There are a lot of new mom's out there that can't afford to get a new one.

wedding countdown

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Cut the straps and Toss them. Last I checked you are not allowed to resell them , so giving them to the thrift store is out of the option and I can never find places who wants baby items
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crissy2424
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Every time we got a new one, we got it at Toys R Us. They do this thing where you trade in your old one and get a discount on a new car seat. Try that maybe.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Mar. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Quoting 6under1roof:

Nicoles2LilRams
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM

YUP! 

Quoting 6under1roof:

LaideBug
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Our local women's shelter takes them as long as they won't expire with in a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN