Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Having my baby on everyones time schedule :-/..warning! Venting

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 24 Replies
What is the deal with everyone around me?..it seems kinda selfish for anyone to say to me.."don't have the baby tomorrow cause i gotta work" or "cause i have to fix this that or the other" ....kinda pisses me off a little and makes me not wanna ask anyone to take me to the hospital when i go into labor..i feel like im having to be on everyone elses freakin time schedule...hell even my doctor was like..well im gonna be going on vacation next weekend (which is my edd) and if you go into labor i won't be here..how about we try to induce on tuesday or wednesday next week?...im like really!!?? Cheezus..lol..what is wrong with these people? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a great pregnancy/labor experience..but hey let's just put a green dot on the calendar so we know what day the baby will be here so we don't have to mess up anyone elses time frame..lol idk if its just my hormones having a bitch fit but if this were you in the same kinda situation would you feel differently or about the same? Lol dont get me wrong i want my daughter here so bad but whatever happened to let them come when they are ready? Lol..and at their own time..not everyone elses
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
birdiemom
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:19 AM
4 moms liked this
Don't let them push you around momma! You're right, she'll come when she's ready.
I'd be angry too if people kept telling me what to do. And your doctor shopd know better then to set up an induction based on his vacation... How selfish.
krystle.carry
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Lol ty!! Im just tired of hearing it from everyone..i haven't said anything to anyone yet about it cause uh..i usually keep my filter clean but i have a feeling its about to blow up in everyones face lolz if ya get what im sayin..
RheaF
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I think most people are just joking with you. Your hormonal, but don't let it upset you. In the case of your Doctor, I would tell him who cares if your not there. Many doctors will suggest induction if they will not be there though, that doesn't mean you have to do it.
krystle.carry
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Lol i know they are but to an extent..when its coming from every direction though its kinda hard to tell ..saying it once or twice and knowing theyre just joking is one thing but when you start to hear it everyday..its like.."really? Just shut up and goto work" lolz..its just a little irritating ya know..
coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Hormones! It's not that big of a deal just relax. My dr went on a vacation for my first, it was irritating to have someone unfamiliar but it worked out. It will for you too no matter when it happens or how. I think those people are joking like the pp said.
brittany208
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd just tell everyone "okay, i'll tell baby to mark that on his/her calendar"

hopefully they'll realize--babies don't have calendars! and its not up to you, its up to the baby.

My Dr asked if i wanted to be induced before he went on vacation right before my due date with my first. I think I just politely told him, "no, i'll wait." but I was thinking... "um... you're a good dr and all... but you're not more important than baby's health!" and it ended up not mattering anyways, bc baby was still in there a week after my due date so he got to induce me then.

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't go for the induction. A lot of women I know go for the induction then have to have a c section. I would let baby come when ready. As for everyone else. Tell them you are annoyed. Or that none of them will know when you go into labor since it would inconvenience them on any day. That's what I would do.
krystle.carry
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Lol ok im not the kind of person to take everything like this seriously..lol i know its my hormones talking..and i know i shouldnt listen to them cause they probably are joking..and i know there are other doctors that can deliver my kid..i got 3 already and none of my regular drs ever delivered them..with induction i know theres a higher percentage rate of having to have a csection..its just im wanting my spouse to have a great first time experience cause our doctor told him he could help deliver the baby when it came time..and hes been riding on that forever now lol..but at the same time i dont wanna be induced cause of the complications that can arise..im not a selfish person i just want nature to run its course..and whenever that happens i dont wanna keep hearing the same phrase "don't have her today"..or the next one would be "why didn't you just get induced" lolz i feel like either way no ones gonna be happy about it..they'll be happy about her being born just not the time consuming situation lolz..i know my hormones are talking again..no need for negative replies lolz
LaideBug
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Pregnancy does crazy things to the body, mind and emotions. Sounds like most are just trying to be funny but they really aren't. Ignore your doc he sounds like a butt. Let your baby pic her day. :) Hopefully you can find some relaxation and enjoy these last few days of pregnancy.
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM
2 moms liked this
It's annoying.

My mother said when I had my last baby and scheduled my csection....it was scheduled for June 24th "don't have her on the 22nd. Ally (sister) doesn't need to share a birthday"

Hahhahaha OKAY. If she comes she comes. Stfu
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)