Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Marriage Question Short

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
If you want to be married but not with the guy your with ?Should you break it off ? Example i have a 2 year old with my son's father been together 3 years now i just don't see myself being married to him should i break it off before it continues any longer ?
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
... if you feel like the relationship is going nowhere, why continue wasting your time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I have been in this position before and I broke it off... Although it was hard it was the best decision I made and were both happier for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FoxTales
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:59 PM
This.

I typed out a longer response but accidentally pressed "back" so it got deleted.

Anyway, the one piece of advice I really remember my dad giving is "never date anyone you can't see yourself marrying"... I listened, and have now been happily (I don't say that lightly) married for five and a half years.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

... if you feel like the relationship is going nowhere, why continue wasting your time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I agree.

If marriage if something that's important to you and you can't see yourself being married to this person/don't want to marry this person, why waste your time? Happiness is what's most important and if you feel you would be happier in a different situation, don't say in the current one.

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

LaideBug
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM
For me if I saw no future with the relationship I would end it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rjsmommy214
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Do you have issues in your relationship? I'm asking myself the same question. Been with SO almost 6 years but if he asked me to marry him idk what I'd say. We have a 3 year old. He's wonderful and we are very compatible, I'm just not attracted to him the way I used to be.
firstimemommy21
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Yes I don't look at him like before our relationship feels different i don't look at him as that appeal i feel i just want company and he helps with the bills but more the company.
liams_mama12
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Maybe you should break it off. Otherwise you would just be wasting his and your time. No offense, but I don't think I've seen anyone be with someone they didn't want to eventually get married to, unless they're together and both agree that they don't want to marry each other (Brad Pitt Angelina Jolie). If your heart is somewhere else, then you should already know what to do. Good luck ! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM
If you know you want to be married but don't see him as a potential husband then yes break it off. Like pp said you'd just be wasting both of your time otherwise
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN