Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Grrr... Family -vent-

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
Sometimes I wonder what the point of a family is.. When I was a kid my family was so close. My grandma would pick all us kids up from school everyday and help us with homework and we'd all cook dinner together for our parents when they would come and pick us up, we always had family get together's pretty much every weekend and holidays were a blast! We shared everything together but now we hardly ever talk. I live an hour away from my grandmother and when I had my daughter in December she refused to come see us in the hospital but she'd make it a point to call me everyday and ask when I was going to bring her great-granddaughter down so she could see her. There's nothing wrong with my grandma in fact for 61 almost 62 she's very healthy and is retired so she has no job obligations. I really think it's because of her boyfriend. They have been together for three years now and at first I was so happy for her but after seeing what I've seen I really want her to give him the boot out the door. He makes her pay for everything! He's collecting retirement just like she is but she's also getting my grandpa's SS now. She bought the house they now live in, both of their cars, two iPads that neither one of them know how to use, she pays all their bills, bought him two 52 inch tv's and all his work out equipment. She never goes to family get together's unless he say's it ok, he talks shit about our family members in front of us and she wont say anything to him and if I want to skype with her or call her on her cell phone he say's I have to make an appointment with him first. I've tried to talk to her about that and so has many of my family members and she will get mad at us as if we're making this all up or over reacting! I'm so hurt because of all this but I don't know what to do..
CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KeiraRose
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM

3 years can still be the hunnymoon stage. She may not see herself what a jerk he is :( I wish I had any good advice....I'm sorry you're going through this

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)