Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

whats a good response piog

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 39 Replies
What's a good way to shut someone up when they say "i did it and im just fine" or when they say "babys too skinny they need formula." My bfs grandma coming over to visit tomorrow...eerr, today and I know shes going to make a comment on how my daughters too skinny and I need to give formula and how my milk isnt enough because shes skinny.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Fuck off!

Or more tactful: the doctor says baby is developing fine and I trust his/her MEDICAL opinion.
shadow_lark
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Sorry, tired, should say Professional opinion
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Breast milk is perfect and your baby is perfectly healthy, as verified by her Dr. :)
cheriem86
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I would just stay calm and give her the facts. Let her know that the entire medical establishment agrees that breast milk is much better for a baby than formula and has much more nutrients.
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I told her that before and she says I gave my kids formula and their fine. She loves using that line.

Quoting cheriem86:

I would just stay calm and give her the facts. Let her know that the entire medical establishment agrees that breast milk is much better for a baby than formula and has much more nutrients.

cheriem86
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Maybe try saying something along the lines of "That's great that formula worked for you, but the doctor and I have agreed on breast milk." I don't know if it will work, but maybe if you show her that you respect her as a mother but have made the best choice for your child she will back down a little.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I told her that before and she says I gave my kids formula and their fine. She loves using that line.

Quoting cheriem86:

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Yea. She knows I gave my other 2formula so she knows I don't look down on her for it. I just dont want use formula this time round

Quoting cheriem86:

Maybe try saying something along the lines of "That's great that formula worked for you, but the doctor and I have agreed on breast milk." I don't know if it will work, but maybe if you show her that you respect her as a mother but have made the best choice for your child she will back down a little.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

cheriem86
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No matter what she says don't let it get to you. I gave up with my youngest and started giving her family, and I regret it all the time. Just remember that you are doing the best possible thing to ensure that your daughter is healthy.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Yea. She knows I gave my other 2formula so she knows I don't look down on her for it. I just dont want use formula this time round

Quoting cheriem86:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

cheriem86
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM
That was supposed to be formula. Stupid phone.

Quoting cheriem86:

No matter what she says don't let it get to you. I gave up with my youngest and started giving her family, and I regret it all the time. Just remember that you are doing the best possible thing to ensure that your daughter is healthy.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I am tempted to give her formula to fatten my daughter up toget them to stop harassing me (and because I dont like her being so skinnt) but I know breast is best. I wish she would chunken up. Ill post a pic.

Quoting cheriem86:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting cheriem86:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN