Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Views On Cheating! Help!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: If you or your husband cheated on you would you divorce them right then and there?

Options:

Yes

No

It Depends...

Maybe...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

So, I am just wondering. If you get drunk while pregnant and cheat on your husband or husband to be with another man who got you drunk. She didn't have sex with him he just kissed her. The wife now hasn't told her husband yet! This isn't about me my sister did this and really needs advice! They have a baby boy and are having another one. Should she tell the husband that she cheated while engaged or no? She is haunted by it every day and hates herself for it. What should she do? She is considering commiting suicide and is at the end of her wits. I really need to have something to tell her to make her feel better.....

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
If she's contemplating suicide she needs to seek help. Take her to a therapist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this

ok, first of all why the hell was she getting drunk while pregnant?!! second of all, she should have been honest with him when it happened.

MaryS92
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

She said she originally was only going to have one drink but she has a drinking problem in the past so she just stopped when she found out she was pregnant. But when you have a drinking problem in the past it kinda "woke up" when she had the one beer at first. She refuses to eat and when she does she vomits it up or she will barely eat....

Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

She got drunk while pregnant? Is suicidal? There is a LOT she needs to get off her chest and she needs to go talk to something. (And if he kissed her, and she did NOT kiss him back, then she should have nothing to hide from her DH and shouldn't feel bad telling him about it.)

MaryS92
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM

She said she tried to push him off but she was well drunk so it took her yelling to get him off then everyone kicked him outta the bar. Just wondering what does DH mean?

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

She got drunk while pregnant? Is suicidal? There is a LOT she needs to get off her chest and she needs to go talk to something. (And if he kissed her, and she did NOT kiss him back, then she should have nothing to hide from her DH and shouldn't feel bad telling him about it.)

tawni_tav
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I don't know if it's just me or not, but I wouldn't divorce my husband if he cheated, I would just reel in that damn leash so tight, he'd practically be apart of me!  I also would be completely honest with him if it were me.  If it was out of pure lust, then the leash would tighten and a forgiveness would be eventaully earned, but if it was with a woman he had feelings for then I don't think I could forgive him.  When you marry someone, it should be for the fact that you love them and want nothing more than the love you two share.  If I found out he loved or had feelings for another woman, I think that it would be harder to forgive.  Either way, it's wrong, and she should let him know that she is seriously sorry for it.

Mrs.Brugger
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM

DH- Dear Husband. Or in her case her fiance? Which would be DF for Dear Fiance. 

If she's telling the truth and really had to fight him off, she has nothing to be ashamed of and should be honest and her husband should understand. If he's a nice guy, he'll be glad she's being honest.

Quoting MaryS92:

She said she tried to push him off but she was well drunk so it took her yelling to get him off then everyone kicked him outta the bar. Just wondering what does DH mean?

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

MaryS92
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Her worst fear is that he will leave her. He is a really nice guy but so many of his friends and family have divorced and done such terrible things to each other. He comes from a very bad family that abused him mentally and physically. He suffers from (whether he wants to admit it or not) anger issues from his family and he was molested as a child. He is very nice but she is so afraid he will leave her that she would not tell him and torture herself over this....I don't know what to tell her or what to do it's making me cry....

villagemamma
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL thats exactly what i was thinking. no offence but maybe its time to reevalute some life choices. She needs to be honest. She would want that from him.

Quoting icn_mom:

ok, first of all why the hell was she getting drunk while pregnant?!! second of all, she should have been honest with him when it happened.

CafeMom Tickers
LadyFreeRider
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
The only way she will ever feel better about it is if she tells him the truth. Some people can overcome cheating and remain with the person that cheated. Others can't. I'm not one of those that could. In her case tho if he was pushing himself on her then her DF should understand. Either way it goes she will feel better inside if she is honest. Also she really needs to get help for her drinking problem and suicidal thoughts. I hope it all works out for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN