Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I despise my future MIL!!

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's been about a month since I've spoken to my future mil and at this point I don't even think she deserves that title. I never did think things could be this bad between us but I am not surprised either. She's a horrible, money-hungry, addicted to gambling, careless, two-faced, just plain psycho person. She gets mad over the littlest things and hold grudges like there's no tomorrow. For example she wanted me to give one of her older kids something that I worked really hard for and when she overheard me tell him that he can borrow it she went ballistic and told me never mind. After that episode I was completely tired of her so I kept my distance. A week ago she called and didn't bother asking me how I was doing she flat out asked me for a loan, I was thinking are you freaking serious?! Why should I give her my hard earned money to feed her gambling habits??! I told her I was broke and we hung up. That was the last time I spoke to her. Yesterday my fiance decided to stop by her house bc she was having a get together and didn't tell him. I told him I would rather stay in the car and he insisted me to go in. She wasn't there when I went inside but as soon as she got back she told my fiance that next time if he wants to visit don't bring me along. I was furious and embarrassed all at the same time. I never did anything wrong to this woman. She started talking her shit abd as bad as I wanted to go off on her I kept my cool and left. Later I learned she was talking all this smack about me but who gives a damn, she is nobody to me now. Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent. Thanks for reading (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andrewsmommy512
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't stand my mil I only act like i like her for my sons sake and to be honest he don't even like her. And he's only 10 months old, ha he screams everytime she's around!
kman88
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

Not the biggest fan of my boyfriends mother either. I am currently 14weeks pregnant and don't ever want my child at her house and definitely not if me or my boyfriend is not there...it is not something I have brought up yet and I'm dreading when I have to tell my boyfriend my child will never have an overnight at his moms.

Miss_Sheila
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
i cant stand my fil hes like a old lady everything bothers him i cant stand being around him everything bout him annoys me. we never speak. last week we had a arguement and i was talking back to him and yellin at him and he was telling me not to yell and tlk back. shit your yellling at me im just defending myself. and then my sil got in n told me not to b yelling at her dad. yesterday we went out to eat wit them and i didn speak to neither of them smh. annoying ppl
hplesha
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Can't stand my future mil either. She's so overly dramatic and so annoying!
heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Wow. That sounds like half of DH's family! I am sorry she is treating you like this! Have you talked to your fiancee yet? Told him how you feel? And dont worry- dont feel bad abut limiting your contact with her. You are marrying her son, not her. He is a grown man. Yes she is a part of his life, but so are you. And if she is treating you this badly already, how will that be after yall get married?

I guess I am lucky my MIL and I get along- and we have from the beginning. Mainly because she knows how to mind her own business and doesnt try to give a lot of unwanted advice.

CafeMom Tickers
erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM
That stinks. As long as ur df stands up for you and your relationship you will be fine without her. My mil was an amazing woman. We've been together almost 14 yrs so she was a second mom to me. Sadly she passed last wk at 64.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry your dealing with that. your not alone. My mother in law is the devil my DH and i cut ties with her completely. Shes has robbed us (including stealing all of my pain meds the day after my CSECTION with her grandchild.)

Idk if your SO is close with his mom but if the relationship is not healthy it is not something that you need to pursue. Even if he is you and her do not need to be close. you dont need to deal with people like that.

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

My in-laws are freaking pyscho too. Recently we aren't on speaking terms (His dad accused me of cheating with my ex and we got into a huge argument over it because it made no sense and he attacked my ex, my kids dad so he picks them up every other weekend, in our driveway and told him he wasn't welcome back)... and we live on their property to HELP THEM! They are filing bankruptcy and needed money so we moved into the MIL suite on their property two years ago and have been trying to save to buy a house... Yeah, they are charging us $1,000 in rent!!!! For a two bedroom/one bath. We just bought a house and are moving in a couple months, thank god! I am losing my sanity. Just hold your head high and remember that they are making themselves look like buttholes and you are the better person.

daytonbaby210
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I guess I am lucky that I have a good future mother in law. My fiances stepmom on the other hand reminds me of linda blair

Amiehart62
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this
That's your future husbands mother....hating her may end your marriage at some point. He will love her no matter what! Just keep that in mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)