Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today was the worst...........

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
  • 35 Replies

I never thought in a million years that I would have to bury a sibling. But I had to today. My 31 year old sister died very suddenly and unexpectingly on Monday and her funeral was today. It was the worse thing I have ever had to go through. I feel alone and empty. My parents had passed years ago and we have younger half brothers but she was all I had left that was apart of our mom and dad. My younger half brother passed 13 years ago and this has been so much harder for me. RIP Erica......I love you!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunny2morrow
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

There are no words anybody can ever tell you to make this pain go away. 

Simply find consolation in the mere fact that YOU out of every being in the world, got the chance to experience 31 years with the amazing women I'm sure she was. You are a lucky woman to have had a sister you were close to.

RIP Erica. Wherever your soul may be, may it sore high in the sky. =) 

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine how much it would hurt to lose one of my sisters.

trinidyrakell
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Thank you very much. It is very hard. I am getting tired of people asking me how I am doing. How do you expect me to be doing???? I still feel like I am dreaming and just hope that it will be time to wake up soon.
Mommyof2114
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. Did you know she was sick? 

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
((((((Hugs))))))
trinidyrakell
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM
No not really. She had just complained of not feeling well the week prior. We have a family condition called Marfan's syndrome. The medical examiner said she died from aortic dissection which was probably contributed to that condition. But we did not know that she had it because she would never go to the doctor.

Quoting Mommyof2114:

Mommyof2114
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Oh I'm so sorry, Im sure its so hard to go through this. She must have felt very sick, at least now she isn't suffering anymore and she's probably being held in your parents arms.

Quoting trinidyrakell:

No not really. She had just complained of not feeling well the week prior. We have a family condition called Marfan's syndrome. The medical examiner said she died from aortic dissection which was probably contributed to that condition. But we did not know that she had it because she would never go to the doctor.

Quoting Mommyof2114:

trinidyrakell
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I am sure she is. Thank you.

Quoting Mommyof2114:

Oh I'm so sorry, Im sure its so hard to go through this. She must have felt very sick, at least now she isn't suffering anymore and she's probably being held in your parents arms.

Quoting trinidyrakell:

Quoting Mommyof2114:

goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
ugh, marfans is in my family too =(
im sorry about your sister ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)