Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Constant urination in little boys?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 10 Replies

im losing my mind my 4 year old constantly has to pee but there is nothing else wrong with him. it doesn't hurt him or anything. I've asked every question possible i can think of Ive called the doc..... Most are suggesting this is a cry out for attention or something along those lines not an actual physical problem........ any suggestions would be greatly appreciated this mama is losing her mind

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Excessive urination can be a sign of juvenile diabetes. What i suggest to you is document how much he drinks in a day (for about a week or more) and how often he goes to the bathroom as well in a day. What are you considering excessive? Some people have smaller bladders than others or weaker muscles so even if it is less than a teaspoon amount of urine the person will feel like they have to let out a gallon.
genemommy09
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM

excessive is him going pee and not even making it all the way out of the bathroom before he turns around and says he has to pee again, and again... 3-4 times. then he will go back to doing what ever for 10-20 mins and we start the process all over again

genemommy09
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:04 AM

BUMP!

genemommy09
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM

BUMP!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Perhaps he just isn't staying in there long enough to actually finish emptying his bladder?

Quoting genemommy09:

excessive is him going pee and not even making it all the way out of the bathroom before he turns around and says he has to pee again, and again... 3-4 times. then he will go back to doing what ever for 10-20 mins and we start the process all over again

emerald111
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM

It could be a UTI.  

TheJs
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Sounds like he isn't getting it all out when he goes

goddiddlyumshis
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
My almost 5 year old is like that. he pees like a grown man. . . then has to go again 5 minutes later and its the same. then sometimes hardly anything comes out. we had him tested for diabetes and he's not. so now we have to take him to a urologist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsbutterflys
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I have a Grandbaby like that, and without trying to sound too stuffy, I think the best thing to do is keep a record of what goes in and what comes out ( to the best of your abilities ) until you can get him to the right Dr. Your keeping records helps the Dr. understand somethings about whats going on. Until then try not to worry too much, it might just turn out to be something he can grow out of.  

good luck

TempestRayne
by Donna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Is he actually producing anything when he makes his multitrips to the potty?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)