Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just lettin some off(hope to get some advice)...

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
OK so my sister in law is pregnant about 8 months or so…she said she was due next month didn’t say when exactly. Well u see, my husband inherited a property along with his two siblings. But the sister has taken over the whole property. She makes changes and everything with out my husband or the other brother’s consent. She even tampered or made changes to my Husbands son from a previous relationships grave without my husbands consent, without his knowledge..my husband specifically asked her not to touch the grave or make the space next to it a parking space because his son is buried there and wants him to be at peace. She didn’t even bother to follow my husbands wish and just did whatever she wanted regardless of how it made my husband feel.She even has rented part of the property and gives my husband and the other brother only partial of the share and she gets the rest for her self. My husband tried his best to settle everythin without involving a lawyer or anything, just talking to her but she wouldn’t hear a thing my husband had to say. Now he has hired a lawyer not to sue her or anything, he just wants her to provide documents, contracts and everything she’s signed without their consent and have all of them come to an arrangement and agreement. He just wants a say in all of it cause he feels and knows its his right. He wants his fair share. But now that he’s been tryin to settle everythin asking her to go to the lawyers office. She seems to me like she’s using her pregnancy as an excuse. She’s saying her stomach keeps hurting because of the stress the lawyer thing is givin her and that she’s been to da doctor’s so many times because of that and they tell her that she isn’t supposed to feel any contraction or anythin now. Its to early. (but the thing abt that is she cancelled once around 1 pm because she said she had a doctors appointment. But u see she told me she is goin to a private clinic. That private clinic opens at 8 to 11 then 5 to 8. ITS CLOSED AT 1).. to me she is indirectly sayin if I lose the baby its ur husbands fault. should my husband still proceed with his lawyer? What do u think? She’s been doing this unfair treatment for over 2 years now. He doesn’t want to blamed if she loses her baby.
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MMerrill
by Melissa on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Holy crap...this sounds like it came directly from MY life!!  She sounds like a nut and I wouldn't worry about it.  You can feel contractions (Braxton Hicks) at any point in pregnancy, especially 8 months so I think she's either ignorant, a lair, or has an incompetent doctor.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

abismommy25
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly,thos is just me but if a family member had done me tht.way...id do the same thing right back at them! Especially if they put ANYTHING ON NEAR OR BY A BURIAL! if that woman put a driveway next toa burial, I would tear it up! tell your husband to play hardball just like she is! she has no right to do that just because she's pregnant she think she can use that as an excuse? and if God forbid,something was to happen to that baby_ knock on wood that it doesn't_ she can't blame it on him it wouldn't be his fault it's her own stupid fault for causing all the problems in the first place! I would have your husband tell her 1 last time that if she doesn't divide equally and respect everyone's wishes then that he needs to sue her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If she made a parking space next to your husband's son's GRAVE, he can go unmake it. That is hugely disrespectful. 

As far as her excuses, it doesn't matter. Do what you need to do. She can deal with it and stop being so dramatic. 

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I would proceed legally and just do my best to keep things civil. She isn't a victim, he's just attempting to exercise his legal rights regarding the property.
Aujonfire
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I had contractions earlier than that! I agree, she's probably using it against you. I wouldn't back down.

ramita
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I had contractions starting at 4 months. I actually was dilated 1cm at that time. I was still working and taking care of a 2yr old. I would probably give her until a little after the baby comes just because it will help your case unless if course she does something VERY out of line and then I'd be taking it to court.
Btrue2
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM

lol my  moms is like "i know its none of my business but...dont listen to her she is lyin and if not and she has da baby he/she will be fine..You were born 8 months old...3 lbs 12 oz..and u survived. Plus research show dat stress is most likely not a factor dat causes miscarriage. Most of da time its unknown. And when they check da baby it usually leads to health issues wid da baby." Geeez I think my mom was just speakin out of anger.but lol her and her research stuff.

GUTTADABOSSLADI
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Get the lawyer!!

Crissy2424
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM

This!

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I would proceed legally and just do my best to keep things civil. She isn't a victim, he's just attempting to exercise his legal rights regarding the property.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Btrue2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM

So my husband's lawyer schedule a meeting (all three siblings) today..she was suposed to come to the meetin with documents, everything contracts, certificate of title, etc.. Then they could settle everything come up with an agreement on ownership rights, duties, share etc. She didnt show so now my husband's lawyer has filed a request to court for her to provide all da documents. Now i think its up to da court to settle everythin..my husband is sad he wished it wouldnt have gotten this far. He really wanted to settle everything btw them.But i guess she doesnt agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN