Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeling really upset...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
lately I have been in a bad mood! I've only been married a year and my husband and I have only been on a handful of dates since my son was born. ( we got married in January and my son was born in Feb.) I wish we could go out more, but its hard to find someone to watch the baby for us... My mom isnt always around and my dad is always working! My mother in law is older and usually doesnt have the energy ( after watching her 3 other grandkids) I just feel so fed up! I a stay at home mom so forgive me that i would want to go out of the house on a date with the man i married and maybe spend sometime with someone who is over the age of 13 months. Sorry about the rant
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Hire a babysitter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
S_D
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I would, but I  really don't feel comfortable doing that :/

Jennyanne322
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:22 PM
What about the parents of your nieces/nephews? You don't have a friend that would watch the baby for a few hours? Also may a friends baby sister?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you all could have a picnic after the baby goes to bed? I understand your need to spend time with someone other than the baby, I am also a sahm.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Nicoles2LilRams
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yeah, it's not fun being a SAHM and having no one to watch your kids.  My oldest is 7 and I think since he's been born my DH and I average two dates per year.

SamMom912
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Welcome to motherhood!!!! lol. Yep, its demanding. Yep, you dont get to go out as often as youd like. Welcome to reality and yep, it can be a b@tch. 

Ive been married for 15 years... And i still like going on dates with my husband too... but we hire a babysitter since bith if our moms have passed. (mine when i was little and his 10 yrs ago). And have little famly in the area that can handle or will handle our son. We have 1 special needs 6 year old...and if we want to do something together... Its babysitter time. If your comfy or not... You have to weigh your options. Life isnt perfect and it can be hard work. 

I know, it is hard when you have to give up the things you want to do because there is someone more important then you.  So, if it is THAT important.. (and it is to me) 1x per month, we get a sitter and go and enjoy. 

I hope you do too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)