Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So that's it, then. *Update

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 42 Replies

My husband just told me I have to find somewhere to go. I work at McDonald's. I don't know where I'm going to move to with such short notice. I did just get a student loan refund today. That should help, but, I'm so scared. :(

**Update: Well after the initial argument, after we both calmed down a lot, he decided that he doesn't want to lose me and our kids, after all. He FINALLY, after almost a year of trying to convince him, agreed to go to couples therapy. This is the last chance he's getting. I've said that before, but we never tried therapy before. I'm really hoping that we can start to see things differently with the help of someone who is neutral in the situation. We both have plenty of friends and family, but, of course, they are not neutral. My family takes my side and his takes his side. 

As for the c/s situation, if we do split up, I won't pursue it because it'll be a lost cause. I'd rather just let him provide what the girls need. As long as he's doing something for them, the money it saves me goes into an account to save for them, or plan a trip for us. 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Why did he tell you that?  What happened?  

Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

we've been having problems. He's not willing to see a therapist or actually work on our relationship. He just doesn't care.

maddiesmommy5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM
6 moms liked this

do not leave the house or your children op. Make him leave if hes not willing to work it out!

thenameshailie
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell him you aren't going anywhere until the divorce is final, he cant make you move out if you cant afford it.

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I agree with Maddie, if he's not willing to put the work in or he's not happy then he should go.  How dare he turn you and your kids lives upside down.  I wouldn't go anywhere.

liams_mama12
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Wow that's really messed up. Do you have relatives you could stay with ? Do you have kid together ? And if you're married then why are you the only one that has to move ? Are your in laws kicking you out or something ? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I can't afford this place on my salary, and I don't feel like fighting with him. He won't leave.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

do not leave the house or your children op. Make him leave if hes not willing to work it out!

Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I would never leave my kids, though. 

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM

We have 2 kids. I can't afford this place on my own and I don't even want to try. He won't pay child support, he'd quit his job before he'd pay me child support. He'll stop paying the rent. 

Quoting liams_mama12:

Wow that's really messed up. Do you have relatives you could stay with ? Do you have kid together ? And if you're married then why are you the only one that has to move ? Are your in laws kicking you out or something ? 

Cdaly12491
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

We have 2 kids, and I don't really have family that I could stay with. I have a lot of family, but not near my work, and I can't risk losing my job.

Quoting liams_mama12:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)