Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bunk bed saftey

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

Right now i have bunk beds and a toddler bed in my kids room the 3 of them share a room. My 2 yr old has learned how to climb onto the top bunk and i can't seem to keep her off. Does anyone know of any ways to block off the ladders. theres one on each side of the bed and they are not removable and we've seen the toddle lock but for two that will be like $150 which we can't afford. 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Tell ur 2yr old and keep removing her or teach her safety for getting up and down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoles2LilRams
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I'd say you need to teach her how to get back down on her own. 

SpurgeonMom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM
if you can't remove the ladder your stuck with teaching her safety on how to get up and down. also stress to her that being on the top means no standing or jumping. we have bunk beds and i took the ladder of butt my son at 2 still climbed up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymama11
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM

We do try to teach her to get down but when she gets up there she doesn't sit it's like running and diving. 

SpurgeonMom
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM
there is no way around it. just keep on her with it take her down when you see her jumping around on top. my son still trying to be a monkey and he has fallen off a handful of time

Quoting crazymama11:

We do try to teach her to get down but when she gets up there she doesn't sit it's like running and diving. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd wrap a sheet or blanket or something tightly around the bottom. So the 2 yr old can't climb up past it, but the bigger kids can reach to climb up over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)