Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is wrong with me???!?!?! 28 weeks

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok, so I'm starting to get concerned that something is wrong.

Last saturday we got married and my ankles were so swollen that I had to just not wear my wedding shoes.. The swelling hasn't gone down and I have tried keeping my feet propped up when I'm not working and tried ice one day (this week is spring break so my feet are relaxing lol).

I have been wearing my classes since I was about 14 weeks pregnant but I put contacts in once in a while (no problem). I put them in for my wedding day and by the time just the ceremony was over (less than 30 minutes after putting them in), my right eye was bright red and swollen. When I put my glasses on and went back outside, I had to stand in the shade because I couldn't stand to be in the light and had to shut my eye. I was at the eye doctor Friday for new contacts (same prescription and everything) so there was no ulcers. He gave me some eye drops when I went Monday (it was still red).

Since Tuesday, I have had a bad headache above my left eye. It has not went away, tylenol won't ease it, nor will sleeping. This is now the 5th day I have had it.

I have also had bad heartburn. Tried Tums and Milk, and had to sleep kinda propped up last night.

Sitting at work has made my back and lower right side hurt, it feels better to be up and moving around than sitting or laying down.

I have been drinking nothing but water.

Are these normal pregnancy problems or what?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Is this your first? I felt like EVERYTHING hurt when I was pregnant lol. But my ob did tell me that your vision can change during pregnancy, it's from the hormones.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Some of that is just normal pregnany annoyances, but extreme swelling can sometimes indicate a problem. Make sure they check your urine for proteins at the next ob appt. Also, talk to him about the swelling.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM

My vision changed so drastically during pregnancy that I actually needed glasses for two years. Thankfully everything went back to normal after a while. lol

Quoting k9l1c5:

Is this your first? I felt like EVERYTHING hurt when I was pregnant lol. But my ob did tell me that your vision can change during pregnancy, it's from the hormones.

erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:49 PM
My presc changed a lot. With my first. I had a bad alergy season and sounds the same with u not being able to wear ur contacts. Just make sure bp is good. That would be only thing that concerns me with ur very swollen feet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

swelling can be normal. i had cankles with my last 2, didnt get it with my frist till after delivery. however if its extreme you need to call your doctor for possible pre-e. vision can change. i couldnt see well in my pregnancies. it goes back to normal or almost normal 3-6 months after baby comes. just pregnancy hormones. pregnancy is a wonderful painful thing sometimes.

kbear1992
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Sounds about right I'm on my first baby I'm at 32 weeks 4 days, around 23-25 weeks was when I cut back on working (I'm a cashier so I was always on my feet, stocking shelfs, ect) now at 32 weeks I only work a few days a week because my lower back and hips kill me too stand up and my legs and feet (from my knees to my toes)swell to tennis ball size and I normally have tiny feet (size 6 1/2 woman's) but everything your saying is pretty normal according to my dr lol and the eyes I had to start wearing my glasses every day instead of while just driving :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MMerrill
by Melissa on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:55 PM

The swelling can be totally normal, if your hands or face start to swell see your doctor asap.

Make sure your blood pressure is in check too, that can cause headaches and visual disturbances. but it could also be lack of caffeine or a number of other things contributing to the headaches.

I had severe preeclampsia at 28 weeks and these were my symptoms.  The heart burn and aches are normal though.

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MGM.mommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Thank you everyone :)

ShelMama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM
My vision totally went WACK and still isn't back lol I wear glasses now to drive. Most sounds like normal pregnancy symptoms. Not too much longer, mama!! Keep those feet propped!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM
How are you feeling now? Any improvement?

Quoting MGM.mommy:

Thank you everyone :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)