Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Am I right for being upset or am I just overreacting?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a friend that I met through my brother almost 2 years ago.  She has her own apartment she had her own car until we were rear ended back in october she was staying with us because my home was closer to her job and school.  She's still here which isn't an issue, she takes me to get my son from school when she can and I appreciate it.  I'm unemployed and living at home with my mom. My last job was seasonal and it was overlapping with my sons school schedule and I wasn't getting paid enough to pay somone to get him from school until my mom got off work so i made the decision to not go back this year. I am currently recieving fs and medical for my son and myself.  the other day she found some money in her pants pocket and just joking with her i said "can I have some" she then says to me "No, go get a job".  I let that slide. She has been job hopping lately she has had 3 jobs this year already me , her,and my mom were having a conversation the other day and by me being older I was trying to explain to her that it doesn't look good on a resume to have so many jobs in such a short time and she says to me "Shut up you don't even have a job" I have been looking for a job with no luck I haven't been getting any call backs for the jobs that I've applied to so employment is a sensitive topic for me.     She has also been a little snippy with my son lately too.  He doesn't like to do his homework so one day he was complaining and whining a lil bit and she says to him "can you be quiet I'm trying to study" but she was getting ready to go to class and take a test but she was in the basement that whole day shouldn't she have been trying to study then?

Then a few days ago she was on her laptop playing the sims and my son got onto our desktop computer and turned on some music he likes maroon 5 and she says to him "turn that off I'm tired of listening to Maroon 5" I haven't said anything because I don't want to look like I'm just being a b***h.  Do I have the right to feel mad about it or am I just overreacting? I would appreciate your answers ladies thank you in advance!

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Replies (11-17):
AA2.0
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Why in the hell is your mother allowing her to stay there? This whole thing is nuts to me. She needs to GTFO. Like, yesterday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyRach0810
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM
This!

Quoting LT2266:

You should tell her its time for her to go. 1st, its not her house 2nd, she shouldn't be disrespecting you 3rd, she shouldn't talk to your son like that!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveonHollySt
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Quoting rileysmom76:

she has both.  I just think since my brother lives with us she wants to be up under him

So let him go with her?
mlogsdon
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
She has her own place, she has her own car. She can shut her mouth and get out. If there's something going on with your brother, that can happen at her place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesuschild06
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I completely agree... and about her wanting to be around your brother.... who cares? Since its your moms house, she might be a bitch and say you mom has to kick her out, so I would talk to your mom about it. It is defiantely time to talk to her about the way she is treating your son. And if you want to be nice, give her a week to get her attitude back in check, but seriously, I would be kicking her out.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Nevermind my earlier comment, then. It's time for her to go. I thought this was a roommate arrangement based on mutual need, or a mutual agreement, keeping the two of you on par with each other. Turns out that isn't the case. She has her own home, and her own car, so she is now your house GUEST. House guests acting as if they have any control whatsoever within your house.. no. Curb her.

Quoting rileysmom76:

Yes she does but for some reason she's still here.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

wait.. she has a car and her own apartment? I'm confused.

Quoting rileysmom76:

she has both.  I just think since my brother lives with us she wants to be up under him

tepepab
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
u r too nice...
KeiraRose
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM

It's time to tell her to leave.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)