Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DAYCARE

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

SO I BEEN A STAY AT HOME MOM FOR 2 YRS NOW AND IM STARTING TO WORK THIS MONTH AND SO SCARED TO TAKE MY GIRLS TO DAYCARE THEY ARE 2 & 1 YRS OLD... IVE SEEN AND HEARD TOO MANY BAD THINGS ABOUT DAYCARE AND DNT FEEL SAFE TAKING THEM TO ONE BUT I HAVE NO OTHER BABYSITTER... WHAT ARE UR OPITIONS ON DAYCARE :/

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
polkaspots
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a tour of the most convenient day cares. Ones close to your home or job or in between. Go during the day to see what it's like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Matriarch87
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM
I use an in home daycare. Older gal in great shape loves kids great rep I like her a lot. My son has been going for a couple years and loves it. We pay $2.00/hr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by Kristin on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Bad things can happen either way but I didn't put my kids in daycare until they can talk fluently. It was family until then... My kids just went to their first day care a couple Weeks ago and it went great. They are 4 and 9. Family watched them until then. I'm sure everything will be fine.
Maryloe
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM
My opinion about daycare is to check on the daycare license number. You can call the YMCA and ask to get a report about the daycare license number. The report will state any violations if any that the child care had since the child care was establish. If the day care license number is not visible at the daycare then most of the time they do not want you to know about any incident that occured at their daycare. I normally try to avoid daycares that have a visible TV because the TV is usually teaching the kids and not the provider,which makes it difficult to put our kids to bed at night because the kids are watching alot of TV and not getting enough physical activity.
Also, allow your kids to meet their future classroom and provider in advance that way the kids feel comfortable in their new environment.
ahleesha14
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I work in a daycare and its not the best sometimes. Kids are mean sometimes and they hurt other kids. I mean that happpens in school to though, The teachers take care of it. If they children don't feel safe take them out but you can sometimes sit in the class with them and see what happens in the daycare.

brittany208
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Yes, bad things can happen. But bad things can also happen at movie theatres, churches, elementary schools... as recent news has shown us. I would just use your common sense. Go visit a few and ask them a million questions. Every mom is looking for something different, so you'll see what you like the best. Some like taking their child to someone's home so their child can get lots of individualized attention. Others like a big center with lots of people around and safeguards in place for safety. If you are able to ask other parents of kids there their opinions, thats awesome too. Because they will tell you how they really feel.

jojo_star
by Jojo on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

My kids are all older, so they go to school, and then they can take care of themselves after school until my husband comes home. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)